HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been interested in getting this gun for a while now but im not sure if that would be a good idea. I live in Canada, and the cheapest new Mark 23 i could find was for around 2450 CAD (including tax). Now im not sure id be willing to pay that much for something that might be rendered useless if a part breaks. Looking at hkparts and midway, it seems like HK is not just dropping the pistol, but supporting it as well.
Does anyone what HK's plans are with regards to the Mark 23?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I seriously doubt if they are discontinuing servicing Mk23 handguns in the near or distant future.
After all, I can send my P7, and P7M8 units for a complete overall still.
PArts for these three psitols are readily available from many sources including Hkparts and Midway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You will have shoot a very long time for the Mark23 to break. Would not let that be a factor in decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
HK will warranty the Mk23 as long as they are in business and I don't see this going to change anywhere soon!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,800 Posts
^^^^ This.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
agree that weapon is built like a tank...actually it is a tank. Extremely durable. You'd probably get arthritis in your fingers and wrist before something in that weapon stops working.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is true, but if i had a Mark 23 that needed a new barrel what is the point of the lifetime warranty if (according to hkparts) they dont make any more barrels for it? Am i missing something?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I suspect there is a supply of barrels to address potential warranty claims.
Of which there will be very, very few.

And, somewhat related... John Deere guarantees availability of any part for any tractor they've ever produced... as long as you're willing wait a while and pay the price. For many of the very old parts, that means having the part custom fabricated. They don't say parts will be cheap... just available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies.

According to HK GMBH, the Mark 23 is still in production. Just got an email from one of their sales reps in Germany. Not sure why HK USA decided to drop it though.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,800 Posts
HK parts availability has *always* been an issue for the general public. However, I am sure that the mothership will keep warranty parts stocked and send them on to the US if needed for warranty work. Just be glad we are not talking about rifle barrels... Our Congress Critters saw fit to ban the import of many of those.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm sure there are more than enough parts on hand to take care of any failures in the future considering they
would rarely be shot enough to wear out............ have you ever heard of a Mark 23 shot to failure? small
parts failure here and there but nothing to be concerned with IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news everyone! I just found out that HK will continue to support any of their products for atleast 10 years after they have been discontinued.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is that rumors of the Mark 23 being "discontinued" and the cry of "last ones ever to be made" have been rampant for at least as long as I have been a member of this site. . .

and then they produce another run of them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello,
I have been interested in getting this gun for a while now but im not sure if that would be a good idea. I live in Canada, Looking at hkparts and midway, it seems like HK is not just dropping the pistol, but supporting it as well.
Does anyone what HK's plans are with regards to the Mark 23?
Thanks
Keep in mind that if you live in Canada, HK-USA, HKParts.net, and Midway USA will not be able to sell or ship parts to you. Due to Federal/Governmental regulations, once any part is imported to the US from Germany, it is forbidden from being exported. Any dealers that are associated with HK-USA are bound by this restriction also. You would have to rely on support from Hk Germany. Typical gov't bureaucracy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
10yrs? Ooooooh.....wow. Now i can sleep assured....
I wouldn't let that scare you. They have been servicing the VP70Z, HK4, P9S, and the "wood guns"(300,770, 940, etc..) until recently. Most of these models were discontinued 30+ years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts