HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
@Defaultmp3 - I appreciate the discussion and I've given thought to your points. They make plenty of sense, however, I'm just not going to be putting one on any of my pistols. The juice simply wouldn't be worth the squeeze for me, personally. I rely on the USP .45 and P7 for actual self defense needs. I'm committed to and proficient with both, and feel that if, God forbid, I ever have to use either, I'd be happy just to have one in my hands so I have a fighting chance. I have dozens of other handguns, but they are mostly classic pistols worth a lot of money that I rarely shoot and wouldn't dare modify for a RDS. Could I buy a Glock or VP9 and throw one on those? Sure, but then I'm using a striker-fired system that I very much dislike and one that presents a whole new slew of "what if" scenarios I'd have to train around, adapt to, etc. I suppose I'm set in my ways, and for me, the USP .45 and P7 are just the right tools for the job.

Cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Strange, I specifically asked for a factory OR P30 on my email survey last month. I can’t believe they didn’t listen to me! Lol.

-Brasky

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
My EDC is a V1 P30 milled for an SRO my L&M Precision. Added a Gray Guns SRS sear and flat trigger as well as an extended mag release. Yes, I may have gone a little over-the-top in modifying it but it shoots wonderfully.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's really no practical reason to have dozens of handguns. Just like there's no practical use for having 4 dozen cars. As collectibles.. fine. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
There's really no practical reason to have dozens of handguns. Just like there's no practical use for having 4 dozen cars. As collectibles.. fine. :)
and yet again who are you or anyone else for that matter to judge someone because they have "dozens" or guns or cars. luckily the bill or rights and the second amendment don't specify you have to have a reason to won a gun. last i checked it was the bill of rights and NOT the bill of needs or reasons.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
and yet again who are you or anyone else for that matter to judge someone because they have "dozens" or guns or cars. luckily the bill or rights and the second amendment don't specify you have to have a reason to won a gun. last i checked it was the bill of rights and NOT the bill of needs or reasons.
You need to read this thread again, from beginning and very carefully. Clue: nobody is judging anyone on amount of gear owned, requesting any reasons, imposing limits, or questioning the BOR. The comment stems from an assertion that owning four dozens of guns could be practical but outfitting them with RDS is somehow not. A statement that "there are no practical reasons to own four dozens of guns" is true and yet doesn't constitute an attack on personal freedoms of any kind.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Optics are post market and bulkier than needed because of that.
If HK managed to have the optics natively built into the slide eith a lower profile, that’d be cool.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
@Defaultmp3 - I appreciate the discussion and I've given thought to your points. They make plenty of sense, however, I'm just not going to be putting one on any of my pistols. The juice simply wouldn't be worth the squeeze for me, personally. I rely on the USP .45 and P7 for actual self defense needs. I'm committed to and proficient with both, and feel that if, God forbid, I ever have to use either, I'd be happy just to have one in my hands so I have a fighting chance. I have dozens of other handguns, but they are mostly classic pistols worth a lot of money that I rarely shoot and wouldn't dare modify for a RDS. Could I buy a Glock or VP9 and throw one on those? Sure, but then I'm using a striker-fired system that I very much dislike and one that presents a whole new slew of "what if" scenarios I'd have to train around, adapt to, etc. I suppose I'm set in my ways, and for me, the USP .45 and P7 are just the right tools for the job.

Cheers!
I’ve never seen such a post... I laughed, cried, wretched and nodded adamantly in approval...and repeat. I’ve never loved and hated a post at the same time.

Right or wrong, logical or illogical...at least you’ve determined where you stand and I can respect that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've tried both and will stick with irons maybe until my eyesight says otherwise. We all agree that shooting fundamentals dont change with an RDS and yes, after mastering irons and instinctive shooting over nearly 3 decades, I'm not currently interested in putting in the work to revamp my pistol skills. Another thing I've acquired over that time is intolerance to the BS judgemental bravado rampant in this hobby.

Part of shooting well is having confidence in your tools and a core tenet of firearms ownership is freedom. To each his own. If you like the RDS and it makes you a better shooter, go with it. If not, then don't. Save the bravado for the next assault on our 2A rights.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Another thing I've acquired over that time is intolerance to the BS judgemental bravado rampant in this hobby.
Some good irony right there. A lot of the bravado is due to the opposition of personal preference compared to forward progress (see quote below) and/or arguing the minutiae of separate ideologies; i.e. "gamers" vs. "tactical timmies" or cloners vs. fudds (see "hobby" above).

You don't like it/understand it... why so vocal...if not for bravado?

Thanks for the update.

I might be the only person here not disappointed. If RDS's become standard, I'm comfortable being outdated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Some good irony right there. A lot of the bravado is due to the opposition of personal preference compared to forward progress (see quote below) and/or arguing the minutiae of separate ideologies; i.e. "gamers" vs. "tactical timmies" or cloners vs. fudds (see "hobby" above).

You don't like it/understand it... why so vocal...if not for bravado?
Ah, there's always one. The guy who couches your statements as violations of your own ideas. I call 'em internet analysts. Some call 'em trolls. You've dialed in on my disdain for judgmental bravado to elicit a reaction. Well here it is.

With due respect to your perception and analysis, I merely stated my opinion. There was no argument. I call it a hobby, as in the same one I share. Again, I've been open-minded enough to try an RDS and thus far it's not my cup of tea. It's my experience and not yours to question. See again "YMMV."

You implied that I oppose forward progress and don't understand something. I didn't slap a label on anyone, question anyone's intent, choice of words, opinions or choices, or shame them for not having a certain point of view.

Feel free...to disagree. Oh, and please do get over your condescending self.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ah, there's always one.

You implied that I oppose forward progress
Well may be two. You took the time to write that you weren't disappointed with the factory's decision not to give us, the RDS crowd, an OEM option. I would think that if someone was supporting the progress and
To each his own
they'd be disappointed that their HK brethren owners don't have "their own" available to them and have to pay over half grand to put an optic on an HK hammer gun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well may be two. You took the time to write that you weren't disappointed with the factory's decision not to give us, the RDS crowd, an OEM option. I would think that if someone was supporting the progress and

they'd be disappointed that their HK brethren owners don't have "their own" available to them and have to pay over half grand to put an optic on an HK hammer gun.
Yep, apparently at least two.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
184 Posts
20 years ago I quit buying Sig because they came out with their “Sig rail” - so you could only buy their proprietary flashlights which would’ve been fine but they weren’t the best. HK corporate philosophy seems to be: If we think you need it - we will offer it - otherwise no. Like the screwy way they sold stocks and designed the SP89 and 94 so you couldn’t interchange - at least until American ingenuity came up with adapters and such.

❤HK - but the last five pistols I have bought have all been Sig - a company which recognizes what the consumer wants. Now with P320 FCU custom shop program - reminds me of Apple - iPhone is number one because they opened up the code to developers - consumer driven ingenuity. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hopefully we'll at least see an OR version of the VP9SK sooner than later.

And by "OR" I mean with proper sights already installed. Icing on the cake would be if they included the 2 or 3 most common adapter plates with the pistol.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Sounds about right, but having the P30 on that list seems a little odd to me. I'm not that concerned about adding an RDS to my USP, although with my eyes slowly getting worse the least I can do is put some decent GItD irons on it.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts