HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I currently have a LMT sopmod stock on my rifle. I was wondering for those that have experience with both, does the E1 offer anything worth making the switch? It seems that check weld would be similar and I know that access to the compartments is somewhat different. I am not sure if there is a big enough difference to go with one over the other.

If you had neither and was shopping for a new adjustable stock that would provide a good check weld, which would you go with if you weren't concerned with brand, but instead function? I have experience with the LMT but wonder if I should just stick with it, or if the HK might be better. What about anything offered from Magpul as a third alternative?

Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally, from using both stocks I much prefer the Hk E1 stock due to the flush lever to change buttstock positions. You only need to shoot groups one day at the range and not notice your rear bag has depressed the lever on the LMT stock, only to have the thing collapse on the next shot and hit you in the face, to develop a healthy dislike of the LMT stock. From magpul I like the UBR.
best wishes,
jeff

·
Registered
578 Posts
Other then the need to modify the HK stock with a Noveske QD socket, I prefer the HK for the reasons mentioned above. Being able to lock it in place is nice.

-W

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Both are nice stocks with slightly different features. As one who currently uses both (MR556 with E1 and LMT MRP with SOPMOD) there's not that much difference in use. I like the angled butt pad on the HK stock better but prefer the slightly larger cheek rest on the LMT. Unless you have a specific gripe with the LMT that the HK's feature set addresses I doubt switching would be worth it. There's not a night a day difference between the two IMO. Both are well made viable stocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts