HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I just picked up one of the HK/Fabarm tactical shotguns and have a few questions.

1) It doesn't seem to release shells from the magazine tube to chamber them. I load up the tube with the chamber empty, then cycle the action and a shell is't released t=from the tube. I don't have a manual for it, unfortunately. It has the shell release button on the left side of the receiver, but that should have no use when simply cycling the action to chamber a shell. What am I doing wrong, or is there a problem with the shotgun?

2) Does anyone make a mag tube extension for these shotguns?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a fabarm semi for a while. It would only load a round from the tube when cycling the bolt if the action was first decocked. All the research I could come up with and folks I talked to said this was by design in theory so you could have a full tube then drop a specialty round in the chamber at go time. Not sure if we're talking about the same model but hope that helps.

-424D57

·
Registered
19 Posts
First of all, just to make sure we're talking about the same gun, you are referring to the HK/Fabarm 12 gage pump shotgun, right? If so, i have the same model. Is the carrier not moving at all? That's the part that's supposed to actually lift the round into the chamber once the cartridge retaining latch lets a round out of the magazine tube. If the cartridges are not leaving the tube at all, then you definitely need to take your gun apart to investigate what exactly is preventing the mechanism from functioning properly. Really, you should take the gun apart anyway, just to make sure that you have nothing out of place/everything is lubed accordingly.

As for the second question, I have seen magazine tube extensions online a few times before. Sadly, they are about the only parts that you will be able to find for these shotguns. The accessory/parts market for them is pitifully limited. About the only other part you'll find will be the choke tool for the 2 or 3 chokes that are available for these guns. Here's a link for the tub extension: Mag Tube Extension Fabarm FP6 12 Ga 3-Round Blue

Hope this helps, best of luck!

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
"...is there a problem with the shotgun?"

Yes. It is not an HK shotgun. Not designed, made or supported by HK.
I would sell it to the highest bidder ASAP. Save yourself lots of aggrevation.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
106 Posts

G3Kurz
I have to admit this was ultimately my course of action.

-424D57

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same shotgun. To get it to load a round from the magazine, press in the shell lever (don't know what it is called, but it is the thing that goes up when you load shells into the magazine and lifts shells from the magazine to the chamber. Pull back (towards the buttstock) on that lever. It will eject a shell from the magazine which you can then use the bolt to load it into the chamber.

My shotgun came with a mag extension and spring in the box when I purchased it. It's a gray area on whether you can actually install it and not be an LEO since the shotgun was made in Italy. There are laws that affect what you can do with an imported long gun with a pistol grip stock with a certain percentage of non-US made parts. Confusing.

Despite what other's have said HK still warranties the FABARMS that were sold with the HK name. There may be some FABARMS dealers in Canada that you can buy parts from like choke tubes, extension tubes, etc from. I already bought all of the choke tubes for mine.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I don't have the answers to your questions, but regarding selling, I'm not going to sell mine. Whether it is HK or not it has fabulous wood that I don't have on any of my other more highly regarded shotguns.

·
Registered
765 Posts

G3Kurz
Wow! pretty harsh, G3. I'm suddenly seeing a new revision of Mike Myers's old scotsman from SNL. Only, instead of a scottish accent, I'm hearing a German accent saying: "If it's nicht HK, it's crap!" Go ahead and let us all know when HK starts making shotguns for the U.S. (or any other) market, will you? Until then, people will have to get their drink of kool-aid by other brands that HK sees fit to put into their distribution channels and associate their good name and "No Compromise" motto with.

I actually have to agree with G3, but I'll try to give a better explaination as to why: There is simply no support available for the Fabarms guns, or at least none that I can find. Neither Fabarm themselves, nor HK (contrary to what Pralix says) will support the Fabarm products in the USA. Taken from each company's respective websites:
FABARM S.p.A. said:
About issues outside Italy please contact your official FABARM dealer.
Our staff cannot handle international issues.
HK-USA said:
Does HK service and repair older, legacy products?
Yes, but wIth some limitations. Due to a lack of availability of spare parts, the Heckler & Koch USA Repair Staff will no longer be able to work on the following discontinued products:

(PISTOLS) HK4, P9S, VP70Z, and P7K
(LONG GUNS) 270, 300, 630, 770, 940, SL6, SL7, and SLB2000
ALL models of FABARM shotguns
I find Benelli (another former HK offering), Berreta, or even the good old Remington 870 hard to beat for a "tactical" shotgun. You can usually find local service for any of them pretty easily, and there's aftermarket support as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
We've got three HK/Benelli entry guns in the department and they're fantastic. But I personally own three of the HK/Fabarm semiauto shotguns and have had nothing but good luck with them. I've got two of the tactical guns (one with pistol grip and one without), and one of the fancy wood stocked hunting guns. I'll never sell them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fabam-no feed

If you haven't resolved this yet. I have four of these in various configurations. The very first one (Uses a Red Lion receiver so they went up to starting with a "7" and mine has a serial number with "7" and all zeros) I had to send back to HK for the same problem. It turns out that some of the early guns have a plastic "pusher" to move the shells through the tube. I had done a quick clean with some gun scrubber and it melted the follower to the tube. It caused the follower to stick. HK installed an aluminum follower and problem solved. Chaote makes extensions for these guns. Same one fits all of them. FYI, I found that the small rail that fits in the foregrip is the same as the one for a UMP/USC.

·
Registered
33 Posts

G3Kurz
Is there actually an issue with the shotgun or are you saying it's just not an HK product?

I ask because I have an SBS pump that I'm waiting on my form 4. I realize OPs is semi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts