HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where does one purchase an HK Factory Heavy Bi-Pod for his HK91? At a good price? I only need this item to complete my rife.

H&K-Guy

·
Registered
732 Posts
I don't know where to get genuine HK. I can't even tell the difference between the real deal and some repros like what DSArms is selling. I guess since the authenticity of the part means a lot to you, I would learn how to tell them apart.

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
are you looking for the heavy or light? you said heavy but just want to make sure.

the light bipod mounts to the wide forend(this is the one you always see)

the heavy mounts to the rear trunion and uses the slim forend, the heavy will run $400-ish

·
Registered
886 Posts
Place a WTB on the forum, HK contract ones come in 2 flavors. Plastic feet (POF) look fragile to me; and the steel feet version, much better. If your going for function get a Harris instead, much more solid platform. The HK bipod flops around somewhat when folded or extended. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for one.

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks guys for your help. I wanted an original HK bipod, but after thinking it over and listening to your advice, I think I am probably going with this: http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PM083. It is supposed to be an exact duplicate for 1/4 the price of an original. And, it comes with metal feet.

Thank you guys very much for helping me figure out what to do.

H&K-Guy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks guys for your help. I wanted an original HK bipod, but after thinking it over and listening to your advice, I think I am probably going with this: http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PM083. It is supposed to be an exact duplicate for 1/4 the price of an original. And, it comes with metal feet.

Thank you guys very much for helping me figure out what to do.

H&K-Guy
the legs on that one will flop about... only the real Hk Bipod holds up snug
and work like they should...

not all plastic feet Bipods are POF
the only Hk bipods we could get from Hk
back in the 70's and 80's had plastic feet..
then we started getting in the surpluss stuff with steel feet.(80 ish)
from Hk also...

**how to tell if it's real Hk by looking at it!**

the bipod head. will not show any seems from casting.(NO LINES)
and all the edges at the joints and leg detents will be soft.(not sharp edges)
they will have a nice round ness to the edge (flow)hand finnish?
before park finnish.

when folded the legs will NOT HANG DOWN AT ALL!!! EVER!

NOTE: if you have a plastic footed bipod. and you want to upgrade to steel legs and feet.
you can get the Hk copy bipod and use the legs off it with all the Hk parts.
on your Hk plastic footed bipod..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info Duke

Thanks for the info, Duke. So basically, I have to buy the DSArms copy anyway to get the metal feet. Then, I have to shop around for someone selling their bipod cheap because of broken feet.

Seems like a lot of trouble to get it right. Let me know if there is a better way to find an original HK one with metal feet. I can't afford one for more than $100 at the moment and didn't realize they had gotten so expensive.

Thanks,

H&K-Guy

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
keep your eyes open, real metal feet HK bipods do show up and for $100-150

Thanks for the info, Duke. So basically, I have to buy the DSArms copy anyway to get the metal feet. Then, I have to shop around for someone selling their bipod cheap because of broken feet.

Seems like a lot of trouble to get it right. Let me know if there is a better way to find an original HK one with metal feet. I can't afford one for more than $100 at the moment and didn't realize they had gotten so expensive.

Thanks,

H&K-Guy

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I actually prefer the plastic feet ~ they don't marr up your hand guards....

·
Banned
384 Posts
Have a Gen. German HK metal b/p I could be persuaded to turn loose of... PM mE!

hkx3

·
Registered
57 Posts
HK bipod

PM sent

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do the factory HK bipod legs lock up in deployed position? I mean lock up as the legs stay open tight and not be able to be pushed back into folded position if you force it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts