HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across some mags that look like factory made SL8 round mags, does HK make those? Are they for sale in the US? Isnt the US and Euro SL8 different??? If you look closely the mags might have been modded to work on a SL8, would that work for the US version?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those look like double stack mags to me. The EU and Canadian SL8s accept double stack mags, but the US version is blocked to single stacks to conform with import restrictions.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Those look like double stack mags to me. The EU and Canadian SL8s accept double stack mags, but the US version is blocked to single stacks to conform with import restrictions.
This. That's a G36 mag and the dbl-stacked 10-rounder that ships with the SL8-4 and others.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
And there isn't any practical way to make those mags fit into a single stack US SL8. You have to modify the gun to take double stack mags, not the other way around.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
HK is making 30rd SL-8 mags for EU market. However people prefer to use much cheaper G36 surplus mags, that can be modified to work in SL-8.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
However, those are double stack mags for the non-US SL8s, correct? I don't see HK making 30 rd single stack mags, if only for the reason the they would be pretty hard to load as well as being quite long.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I have some of the 10rd SL8 mags. They are built to usual HK quality!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts