HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been looking at p2ks where the finish looks great but slide releases have some type of rust colored discoloration. What is this

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The extractor, hammer, slide release, and some versions safety levers are made extremely hard and have a tough time holding on to the finish applied. The discoloration is normal, and is not rust.

Unless the slide release you were looking was indeed rusted; this is the most likely answer.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The extractor, hammer, slide release, and some versions safety levers are made extremely hard and have a tough time holding on to the finish applied. The discoloration is normal, and is not rust.

Unless the slide release you were looking was indeed rusted; this is the most likely answer.
My old P30S had the finish wear off the safety lever. It wasn't rust, just finish wear. Never bothered me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also ive never seen a usp with this wear even a really beat up model is there a reason they dont do it? also i just checked some pics of todd greens p30 and hk45 the p30 had 91,000 rounds the 45 had 50,000 neither exibited this wear. Is this a hit or miss type thing?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The USP's also do it. I think it's partially a hit and miss thing, but it is normal. My fathers USPC has the most blotchy purple extractor, hammer and wear on the slide release. The thing just keeps running.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There is a bluing touch-up pen from Birchwood Casey you can buy that works on all of the non-slide metal parts; won't adhere to the HE finish. My USP had some minor wear from holstering on the slide release and sights. They look brand new now and it doesn't wipe off!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a bluing touch-up pen from Birchwood Casey you can buy that works on all of the non-slide metal parts; won't adhere to the HE finish. My USP had some minor wear from holstering on the slide release and sights. They look brand new now and it doesn't wipe off!
thats great! thanks for the tip. i replied to you in the other thread btw

·
Registered
380 Posts
It is the Birchwood Casey Presto Gun Blue Pen. I got it at Academy for around 4 dollars. Its weird because it has a white felt tip.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The USP's also do it. I think it's partially a hit and miss thing, but it is normal. My fathers USPC has the most blotchy purple extractor, hammer and wear on the slide release. The thing just keeps running.
The extractor on my USP Tactical has some slight discoloration. However, it's a well broken-in pistol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts