HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just about to get my CCW permit for Pennsylvania. A friend has an HK 40mm.... Ive been shooting it and I like it but i think i want to get something a little smaller. I have been researching the HK 9mm usp compact. anyone else have any more suggestions or info. about the 9mm usp compact? thanks alot

·
Registered
43 Posts
.40, not 40mm. 40mm is a grenade.

Others who own any of the 9mm variants can help you with your question, I just wanted to clear that up.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
just about to get my CCW permit for Pennsylvania. A friend has an HK 40mm.... Ive been shooting it and I like it but i think i want to get something a little smaller. I have been researching the HK 9mm usp compact. anyone else have any more suggestions or info. about the 9mm usp compact? thanks alot
HK USP Compact 9mm is a great gun. I also have a USP Compact 45. They're both GREAT! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do own at one time or another every USP model ever made as well as several the P7 series (P7PSP, P7M8, P7M13, P7M10) and P9S pistols. In my opinion, the best HK for CCW is a P7PSP.

It is very compact. No safety switch to mess around with. With the P7PSP, it is also impossible to drop the magazine by mistake. If you carry inside the waist pant, the P7PSP does not even have the mag release to rub against your gut (and my gut is a big one).

If you have kids, it is much safer than anything out there. Most kids, specially those who are less than 6 years old can not squeeze the grip hard enough to fire the pistol.

Yes, it only has 7 rounds. However, if you are a civillian, your chance of getting into a gun fight that last more than 7 rounds is less than your change of hitting the lottery.

That is my 2c.

Paven

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
USP compact is a great gun. If you get one that is DA/SA I think it would make a great first gun. The LEM is really not for begginers in my mind, the biggest reason being the lack of a manual safety.

What kind of HK .40 does your friend have? USP or P2000?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you should consider the P30....the best 9mm i ever owned..awsome grip..
very accurate,manageable recoil..and 15 rounds mag.
good luck. :28:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
USP compact is a great gun. If you get one that is DA/SA I think it would make a great first gun. The LEM is really not for begginers in my mind, the biggest reason being the lack of a manual safety.

What kind of HK .40 does your friend have? USP or P2000?

he has a uspc .40.... a beauty...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you should consider the P30....the best 9mm i ever owned..awsome grip..
very accurate,manageable recoil..and 15 rounds mag.
good luck. :28:

i looked at it before but i didnt really like the design, but nowthe more i look at it, im startin to like it.....

its not real big and clunky is it? nice and compac? recoil? does it fit in your waist easily? also the pics i saw , i didnt notice a decocker.. i think i would want that

·
2,832 Posts
P7/PSP......check your mags ;) 8rds and 1 in chamber.......9 rds

but I would agree with you, the P7/PSP is a great choice

Yes, it only has 7 rounds. However, if you are a civillian, your chance of getting into a gun fight that last more than 7 rounds is less than your change of hitting the lottery.

That is my 2c.

Paven

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did someone say GMG?

·
Registered
173 Posts
just picked this up last week. uspc is an awsome gun try one out and you will like it alot if your at all like me you won't want to put it down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love my USPc. It fir me better than any of my other considerations. Biggest thing there is it fit me. Try to handle as many pistols as you can. Find what fits you. Usually, what feels best in your hand winds up being what you shoot best as long as it has a good trigger, in which I agree with H&K 4 Life that DA/SA is your best bet. I really liked the P30, and plan on buying one of those or a HK45c...But probably for my HD pistol.

The USP is staying on my hip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts