HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take a minute and post a pic of what Santa Claus brought me early! Actually, I ordered the gun and the suppressor before I went on deployment, I'm back now and the gun just came in yesterday. Stand by for range reports! Merry Christmas, I hope Santa brings you guys H&K's too!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Re: HK from Santa!

That is 1 hell of a christmas gift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Nice Purchase

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

Welcome aboard HKBO and great first post.
You must have been extra good for Santa to leave those
great gifts.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts

Uh, I think that's the prettiest 1st post I've ever seen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Welcome to the addiction. I can tell your's is going to get expensive real quick.

How long was the wait for the can?

Thank you for your service to God and Country. Glad to hear your back home safe.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I've been wanting to fill all the pouches in my HK Tactical case for 6 years now and I finally did it! The paperwork for my suppressor only took about 4 months. I sent it off right before I left for Iraq and it was ready to be picked up when I got back! Yes, this is going to get very expensive but it's worth it! I'm looking at getting the click adjustable night sights for it after Christmas and if HK ever comes out with the HKUSP45CT and HK416, I'm definitely getting one of each but my wife says she gets her P2000SK and boob job first! I can't say no to that! I'd also like to pick up one the HK/Benelli M1 Super 90's. I had one of the Benelli's before and I kick myself for getting rid of it! I'm definitely glad to be a part of the HKPRO family, I've been visiting the site for awhile now and I finally got something worth posting! Anyone have any tips on the best and quietest ammo to use with the suppressor? Thanks again, gentleman!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I think it must have been HK-Santa (See main hkpro page) who droped that off...
I always get clothes and other worthless stuff... :)

Con grats on the beautiful weapon,

-Wes

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the best and quietest ammo to shoot through the suppressor? I did a search but came up with nothing. Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
The paperwork for my suppressor only took about 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ] Gotta be either Air Force or Federal civilian if you only did that little time in the box, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any tips on the best and quietest ammo to use with the suppressor? Thanks again, gentleman!

[/ QUOTE ] .45ACP ammo is by nature subsonic. don't have to worry about special loads to get it quiet. Biggest difference I've seen with cans (other than velocity) is an effect on accuracy. Test a few different loads both with and without the can for accuracy. You'll want the one that performs best with the can on and off, and stick with it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Welcome home and thank you for your service. You're going to love your tactical. Hopefully you'll be home for a while and can enjoy shooting at something that doesn't shoot back. The USP Tactical is a tack driver. You ought to have a blast at the range. Are you Navy out of Virginia Beach? I retired Navy over 16 years ago, loved every minute of it, but enjoy civilian life to the max. Shoot safe and often.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in the Navy and I love what I do! I'm a Master at Arms assigned to a Mobile Security Force detachment. Bordercop, thanks for the info on the ammo, this is my first suppressor so I just didn't know. I'll try some different brands, both wet & dry and report back later. I'm going on leave here real soon for the holidays and going back to Bama! I'll do some serious shootin' down there so I'll let you guys know now it turns out! Merry Christmas to all! HKBO

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just wanted to post another pic of my Tac. & Suppressor. The pic didn't turn out perfect so I'm still working on it! I'll take more in Bama and post those as well. Happy Holidays, gentlemen!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Let us know how it shoots with the suppressor. Muzzle flip should be nil with the added foward weight. That's the only thing I had to adjust to over my 1911s. I hear the accuracy shouldn't be affected so your report will be illuminating. Enjoy your leave, though it's never long enough after deployment. Where in AL are you headed?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shaky,

I'm headed to Talladega, my hometown, then down to LA(that's Lower Alabama) to visit relatives. If your ever in the Hampton Roads area let me know and we'll go shootin' down at the Camp Allen range.

·
Registered
679 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The paperwork for my suppressor only took about 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ] Gotta be either Air Force or Federal civilian if you only did that little time in the box, right?

I can't stand comments like this. I'm Air Force and we are doing WAY over 4 months on our deployments. The only service doing longer deployments to my knowledge is the Army. --Check

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Checksixx,

I know what you mean but I think bordercop misunderstand what I was saying. The paperwork for my suppressor only took 4 months to be approved and I sent it off right before I left on deployment so I wouldn't be thinking about it everyday and waiting. My deployment however was 6 months long guarding a stinking oil platform off the coast of Iraq. I was off that thing for only 6 days in 6 months, but if Uncle Sam needs me, I'll do it again. I feel honored to have had a very small part in something so historic and of such importance to our country and Iraq.

Are you SF in the Air Force and if so, are you familiar with the Phoenix Raven program you guys have? I went to the Phoenix Raven school up in New Jersey. It was a real gut check, kick in balls, hard ass school but I made it! I have full respect for the Air Force and especially their Ravens and Raven Instructors. Most of the Instructors I had were also Airborne Rangers, Combat Controllers, or Air Assault and they were all hardcore PT machines! The reason I went to the school is because the Navy is adopting the program and should be up to full speed in a year or so. Where do you shoot at, ever gone to the Camp Allen range in Norfolk?

·
Registered
5 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

Where do you shoot at, ever gone to the Camp Allen range in Norfolk?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice pistol and can! Is it a CCFA carbon fiber one?

Where is this Camp Allen I keep hearing about? Is it military only? I am also stationed at Langley, but I shoot at the Marksman (way the heck up on the far northern side of NN).

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

It's not a carbon fiber can, its one of the older CCFA Impuls IIA's with B&T stamped on it. The Camp Allen range is the Marine Corps gun range over by Naval Station Norfolk. Its not on base so I dont think you have to be military to shoot in there but I'm not sure. I prefer outdoor ranges but the folks there told me and my guys that we could shoot there for free and its close to were I live so I cant complain.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just wanted to take a minute and post a pic of what Santa Claus brought me early! Actually, I ordered the gun and the suppressor before I went on deployment, I'm back now and the gun just came in yesterday. Stand by for range reports! Merry Christmas, I hope Santa brings you guys H&K's too!

what branch are you in?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts