HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow. I'd seen one or two videos on the G11 before, but not this one. You have to admit that the caseless rounds, their magazine and mechanisms involved are really amazing. Too bad this never made it into production. Maybe it'll be revived one of these days.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
With the price of brass and copper it may just be fashionable again!Use a polymer bullet and it all "green" which would be all good for the tree huggers and then maybe they would get off our ass!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it may just be fashionable again!
That mechanism looks pretty complicated(to be read as expensive) to manufacture. Of course that is no my line of work but demand would drive that price. How would we reload those? I can see it now- uhhhh, hey honey I need to build a factory in the back room/living room/any room available,,,lol!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That mechanism looks pretty complicated(to be read as expensive) to manufacture. Of course that is no my line of work but demand would drive that price. How would we reload those? I can see it now- uhhhh, hey honey I need to build a factory in the back room/living room/any room available,,,lol!
lol

Well, mabey heres an idea.... Since the powder is "compressed" mabey you could have some sort of powder forming die, that smushes the powder into the correct shape, then you seat the bullet inside...

My bet, is that with time and improvements, the mechanism will grow simpler and more reliable. It does look pretty complex, but if all thats required is a system that changes linear motion into rotation, a piston system much like old steam trains may work (although its most likely similar to that already)

Hopefully it'll come in time. I think that new materials will be able to solve the heat issue in the future, but theres really gotta be a push to something "different" we're all so comfortable with our old socks :p (so to speak ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts