HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trained with German Bundeswehr and Bundesgrenzschutz.
I was station in West Germany in late 1980s, 13Km from the DDR. We got spend a lot of time on the border and
with germans. The full length HK G3 has real good strong bayonet on it.

But my question is if run out of bullets or Your rifle malfunctions on battlefield, how strong is the buttstock used as a club?
It much stronger most battle rifles?
Will crack or break?

Decay.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Can't say I have tried cracking skulls with a variety of battle rifles, but I would rather face an enemy fighting me with his rifle butt, than I would an enemy who was well trained with just his hands.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In the late 90s bayonets weren't issued. Our last ditch weapon would have been the folding spade 🙂
That said, the G3's buttstock is durable enough to dish out some hurt, when required.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It would act as a club but soubt you wou k be able to shoot it again without an armorer help if it could be salvaged. You dent the sheet metal they no worky no more. Cracking a buttsock off not to hard either or at least bending the bolt

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the info!
I have Bayonet fighting from the US Army, also German and French Army. ( the french have a wine ration in there MRE! )
I got fire the HK G3 many times live fire and blank firing, It is a solid rifle.
I want to buy a HK91 when I got out of the Army only for find out the ban from importation by Pres. Bush in 1989.
I remember the price in SOF magazine was $750, it went to 3400$ overnight!
I saw one in a gunstore, and could not buy one, I was on a college student budget!

·
Registered
931 Posts
A good clone, the PTR-91, is a LOT cheaper.

You got what you pay for, but they shoot and almost all the parts interchange with HK.

DDG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts