HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of converting a SAR 8 over and have the proper HK OD Green wide forearm and pistol grip but the stock is where I am running into problems. The stock while HK is a slightly different color green which is weird as the butt plate matches as well to the rest of the stock set.

Is this pretty common?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yes it is. Finding a close match takes for ever. Different batches produced different colors. I believe that the POF parts are closer match than the HK. RTG has them or you may have to wait till he gets them in stock.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I have a wide forearm and pistol grip for my HK 91 bought from HKparts.net and they are no where near close to matching.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes it is. Finding a close match takes for ever. Different batches produced different colors. I believe that the POF parts are closer match than the HK. RTG has them or you may have to wait till he gets them in stock.
This is correct. I have had very good luck with the green POF furniture. I have had several sets that matched very well. I bought some of the sets from RTG the others came with NOS POF G3 parts kits.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
If you want HK furniture, I believe that you would have to be lucky enough to find a 1980's/early 1990's complete set to be matching!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Can't save the world if you aren't color co-ordinated. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts