HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm kinda new to building HKs and need help with the G3 build I'm working on.
I can't get a fully build reciever, so I'm getting a flat. I'm not sure what parts go into it. Do I weld the cocking tube and trunnion in, or do I need to do something else?
Some step by step instruction would be helpful. I also want to know about the reciever block that makes the gun semi-auto.
Do I have to weld that in too? or does it come automatically installed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
There is a full discription and step by step over on weapons guild. Also check militaryfirearms.

There is no receiver block.

You have to modifie the trigger pack for semi only.

Your best bet is to send it off to Bill Springfield and have him convert it and do a trigger job on it.

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Why didn't you just buy a completed receiver from PTR? HKParts sells 'em.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried. The problem is, that they are usually backordered, and I'll have to wait months to get them. Plus, I'm trying to challenge my building skills. I just need a little instruction on the reciever components. I have a G3 armorers manual, and It didnt even cover the reciever/

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I have a G3 armorers manual, and It didnt even cover the reciever/
That's because it's an ARMORER's MANUAL, it's meant to aid in service and maintenance, not production.

No offense my friend to you or your technical skills, but based on some of your inquiries, I think you are biting off more than you can chew here. Manufacturing a viable roller-lock gun is no easy feat.

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's because it's an ARMORER's MANUAL, it's meant to aid in service and maintenance, not production.

No offense my friend to you or your technical skills, but based on some of your inquiries, I think you are biting off more than you can chew here. Manufacturing a viable roller-lock gun is no easy feat.
Ditto.

Before I even started my mp5k clone, I researched hours and hours on the internet and searched for pictures, pdf's and various forum posts. Then I thought about buying parts. One big help was my friend already machined the receiver bending die.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's why I've gotta try. I'm always challenging myself. If I don't do it, then I'll never learn.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
There is a full discription and step by step over on weapons guild. Also check militaryfirearms.

There is no receiver block.

You have to modifie the trigger pack for semi only.

Your best bet is to send it off to Bill Springfield and have him convert it and do a trigger job on it.

Weaponsguild Temp link page
I agree these two sites are best bet, check out

Militaryfirearm

and

Login

There are lots of friendly do it yourselfers on both sites with tons of info. There are tutorials and flat bending jigs as well as build parties.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ditto on Weaponsguild.com You will receive a warm welcome it's builders helping builders. There is nothing you can't do if you don't try. Always remember it's better to have "tried' then it is to go straight to failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ditto on Weaponsguild.com You will receive a warm welcome it's builders helping builders. There is nothing you can't do if you don't try. Always remember it's better to have "tried' then it is to go straight to failure.
Right. after all, nothing ventured, nothing gained right? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts