HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am posting this in the right forum, if not let me know.

I was wondering if anybody has recently bought any of the G3 surplus stocks with backplate and recoil assembly from HK parts? If so what's the quality like on these parts? I want to purchase a couple of these but only if the quality of these parts is excellent or better. The last time someone wrote a review of the od green surplus stocks was over a year ago and I'm worried that all of the "excellent to like new old stock" has long been sold. Would I be better off purchasing just the refinished backplate and recoil assembly for $20 more?

Link to OD Green Stock with assembly: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16329

Link to refurbished back plate: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=355

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Why don't you simply email Adam and ask him?

·
Registered
226 Posts
The stocks they are shipping are off of weapons nearly 50 years old. Serviceable but not excellent like you are looking for. You might contact them and offer some $$ For a hand picked.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Are you serious?

Let me get this straight- you are asking if $24 stocks with end caps, recoil springs, and buffers are new?

You buy this stuff piece meal, put it together yourself. Buy the end cap, send it off to be re-finished, sanitize the older date code leaving the HK symbol if there is one. Buy the new stock assembly, buttpad, buffer kit. You might be in about $250-$300 for the entire rear stock section when you're done but it will look new and have new parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stocks they are shipping are off of weapons nearly 50 years old. Serviceable but not excellent like you are looking for. You might contact them and offer some $$ For a hand picked.
Thanks for the reply, that was what I was figuring since there hadn't been any new reviews lately and what i've been seeing else where on the web. It sounded like you could get some very nice surplus ones a few years ago, but not so much any more, guess I'm a little late to the party.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you serious?

Let me get this straight- you are asking if $24 stocks with end caps, recoil springs, and buffers are new?

You buy this stuff piece meal, put it together yourself. Buy the end cap, send it off to be re-finished, sanitize the older date code leaving the HK symbol if there is one. Buy the new stock assembly, buttpad, buffer kit. You might be in about $250-$300 for the entire rear stock section when you're done but it will look new and have new parts.
And yes, I am serious because that is what people were describing the condition of these surplus sets when they bought them a year or more ago. I was just wondering what the current condition of these surplus stock are and if all the good ones have been sold over the years. Thanks for the warm welcoming to HKPro!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts