HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have trouble using the 3.6v battery in their dual optic? My dual optic had a 3.4v battery in it. My Radio Shack only carries the 3.6v one and not a 3.4v. I emailed HK (no help there for where to find the proper one) and it took a couple emails for them to tell me I could not use the 3.6v one that it had to be the 3.4v battery? I notice the mah on the 3.6 is 2.1? and is 1.4 on the 3.4v battery. Just don't want to mess up my scope :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
HK is going to tell you that you cannot do anything to the left or right. As long as you don't care about the consequences and the battery fits, then a 3.6v battery should be ok.

Most circuits have over volatge protection, especially a laser diode. I would think they have a limiter that would clamp any over voltage down. You will be running at a slightly higher current. This could reduce the lifetime of your scope.

JPG

·
Registered
157 Posts
Battery store in the yellow pages

Go to one of those battery stores. They sell the same battery that HK uses for a certain widely used medical monitor and they are only $10. The sales person will know, its common.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Radio Shack batt is fine, I have used them for 4 years, (not the same one...) in many dual optics, no problems at all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts