HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my tg36c FDE and am beginning to contemplate stock options. Was thinking about the tommy built idz brace but with today's climate it will probably be "stock" according to the law now.

What stocks do people like the best? Any real difference between the gsg g36c stock and the HK brand one? Is $500 for the idz ones worth the premium?

Only one I know I dont want is the standard E length one as it feels too long to me.

·
Registered
627 Posts
All of the stocks are fine, and functional. The IDZ stocks are a flex.

A G36C stock is the best bang for the buck, and probably the most practical overall.

·
Banned
81 Posts
I've heard of guys running airsoft IDZ stocks with no problems.

I just have the plain factory HK stocks on mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen people altering the airsoft ones. That doesnt really appeal to me. Dont see the point in cheating out after spending so much money on the rifle. I'll probably just buy a c stock for it at some point then.

Anyone use the tommy built idz brace?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I like the standard C stock. If you can find one, the IDZ one is great too. They typically come in black, but can also be found in RAL8000. In the longest position, the IDZ stock is approximately the same length as a C length stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the standard C stock. If you can find one, the IDZ one is great too. They typically come in black, but can also be found in RAL8000. In the longest position, the IDZ stock is approximately the same length as a C length stock.
Really? The fully extended idz is only as long as the c stock? Seems like a short adjustment range.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Been looking for a C stock with cheek riser. I’ve actually tried a few different stocks and am interested in the KV as well so I bought a $30 airsoft to test before dropping $$ on a real one but I think I’ll settle on the C with cheek riser.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I had the IDZ and liked the C with riser more. As @sweersa mentioned the C and the IDZ-extended are about the same length so if you need the LOP with the IDZ in the extended position the riser portion is towards the front. I don't know if this makes sense, but for me it felt like I could only use the IDZ riser in the collapsed position... you might have a different experience depending on how yours is set up.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Really? The fully extended idz is only as long as the c stock? Seems like a short adjustment range.
Yes, I thought the same thing after I adjusted it as far back as I could, then measured it to confirm.
I believe the IDZ stock was made with the operator wearing armor or other gear in mind. I've seen a number of G36 A2s issued with C stocks as well, with the Bundeswehr, probably for the same reason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OP you going to get an FDE or black stock? Just curious how the color matching might work out.
That's one thing I'm not sure on. Tom Bostic has fde ones that I was looking at. That's why I was asking about the whole hk vs gsg thing. The top rail, controls, silencer, and most of my mags are black so I think black will look fine too. Havent fully decided. Dont have my tax stamp yet so plenty of time to choose though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pretty glad most people choose the c over the idz as my better half would have killed me if I needed to spend another $600 on this gun lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's one thing I'm not sure on. Tom Bostic has fde ones that I was looking at. That's why I was asking about the whole hk vs gsg thing. The top rail, controls, silencer, and most of my mags are black so I think black will look fine too. Havent fully decided. Dont have my tax stamp yet so plenty of time to choose though.
What about optics? Hand grip?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Handguard and flip are FDE as it's the original one it came with. Dont have an optic yet but all of my optics are black besides a vortex razor and that seems like overkill on a g36c lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts