HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

HK G3 Made by HK and FMP, Caliber .308 Like New Condition!

These kits come with 100% green phosphate finish, new green plastic G3 furniture (not shown). Comes complete with all parts (except receiver and magazine) G3A3 Starting at $299.95
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/guncollecter/kit2.html

Contact info listed is: Thomas at [email protected] Dallas, TX

1) Are these kits good?

2) And, if I want an accurate G3, am I better off buying an 18" MSG-91 from PTR, or having one custom built with a longer barrel?

3) Any recommendations on parts, modifications, and gun smithing for near PSG-1 accuracy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kits

Is that possibly an old ad? $300 for G3 kits is a deal, but $250 for Garand kits is a steal.
Has to be an old ad that hasn't been updated.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. What should I expect to pay for a g3 kit now? Are you sure the G3 price is outdated?

Here's another one for $225. Any difference:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/968

Also, any comments on the other questions:

2) And, if I want an accurate G3, am I better off buying an 18" MSG-91 from PTR, or having one custom built with a longer barrel?

3) Any recommendations on parts, modifications, and gun smithing for near PSG-1 accuracy?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Thanks. What should I expect to pay for a g3 kit now?

Also, any comments on the other questions:
Most kits coming in now are between $400 & $500 , and have demilled barrels. They used to come with barrels. You can pretty much part one together nowadays. PTR match barrel;,ptr-rec. Other parts can be found on this sight. Try gunbroker for hk parts kits. I see them on there all the time. But,you have to bid on them. HK parts.net has alot of parts so does RTG parts and fair priced also. I just bought a FMP mint kit w/a mint barrel all matching. I paid $375,but the guy i got it from bought it 7 years ago from fac, when they had minty nice kits. alot of the good kits are dried up now. the apex kit is a paki with a demilled barrel. 18" ptr match barrel is made by thompson center and holds tight groups especially w/ hand loads or match ammo

·
Registered
66 Posts
The $225.00 Paki kits are real, Apex had them in stock Friday, I know someone who order a couple of them. They are missing the paddle release but RTG and Adam have them available.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
ya,I know the paki kits are recent,but those$299 fmp kits are not. Paki kits have barrels with holes drilled in them. the barrels are no good. thats all i was trying to say.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would say that ad is at least several years old, if not older.
1918a2 BAR kits for $550-$650:eek: Today they are $1500+ when you can find them.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
ya,I know the paki kits are recent,but those$299 fmp kits are not. Paki kits have barrels with holes drilled in them. the barrels are no good. thats all i was trying to say.
Too bad, too... The Paki kits I got from Inter Ordnance had almost NEW bores, bright and shiny.

·
Registered
366 Posts

http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/guncollecter/kit2.html

Contact info listed is: Thomas at [email protected] Dallas, TX

1) Are these kits good?

I have tried to contact them several times and you will never get a reply. That was months ago. I would lay money on it that that website has not been updated in quite some time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts