HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellow Pros, Im selling A UMP BBL here on the pro, and a guy in Canada wants it, and wants it shipped up there. Any laws broken by doing that? The guy has a 0 post rating here. He is a total newbie here, which strikes me as odd. aNy advise? I hope im asking this in the right section. Personally I dont give a flip about the laws in Canada, as I am a proud U.S. Citizen. I would hope he is aware of his own laws, but I am unclear about mine in the exporting of gun parts. Any gun Export laws I would be breaking? If I don't get a clear answer from my fellow Pros, Ill just toss the deal out the window. Thanks peeps.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey fellow Pros, Im selling A UMP BBL here on the pro, and a guy in Canada wants it, and wants it shipped up there. Any laws broken by doing that? The guy has a 0 post rating here. He is a total newbie here, which strikes me as odd. aNy advise? I hope im asking this in the right section. Personally I dont give a flip about the laws in Canada, as I am a proud U.S. Citizen. I would hope he is aware of his own laws, but I am unclear about mine in the exporting of gun parts. Any gun Export laws I would be breaking? If I don't get a clear answer from my fellow Pros, Ill just toss the deal out the window. Thanks peeps.....
Probably, import/export out/into US and Canada is complicated. Best to start checking with Canadian Customs, and US customs regarding export

·
Registered
5 Posts
You be needin' approval

Straight from the Numrich Gun parts website:

FOREIGN CUSTOMERS:
Please complete your order in English. The U.S. Department of state requires that all export orders contain an English language purchase order. Make sure your name and complete address, including your COUNTRY, appear clearly on your order. The U.S. Department of State requires an export license if your order exceeds $100.00 or includes the following restricted items: barrel, cylinder, frame, bolt assembly, complete firearm or ammunition. We will require an original import certificate, signed in ink or certified copy from your government. The U.S. Export license application process can take four weeks or more. You will be notified by mail, FAX or e-mail, and your order will not be processed until your license is approved. You will be responsible for any tariff, tax or duty.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes you can, IF your willing to spend months waiting, and lots of money for a dealer FFL to fill out a DSP-5 form...

I have only heard about it from Titusville Armory, and they charge IIRC, 200 dollars to get one filled out!

There are NO laws against it from Canada. You could import just about any rifle that is "Okay to own" in Canada. What the problem is, is US export laws, that govern most parts related to guns, even silly things like scope mounts!

If your willing to do an "under the table" transfer, you risk getting caught for mail fraud, but theres nothing against importing them into canada. I DO NOT SUGGEST DOING THIS!

If your willing to have the correct permits filled out to complete the transaction, you can PM me and i'll see if i can find some info on it... But its a very difficult task, and most gun shop guys seemed to think of it, of climbing mount everest... doable, but hard!

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
F22, while we are on the subject, what are the laws up there as far as private ownership? Are some mean looking weapons banned? Assault rifles? High Cap Mags? Pistols are a no-go, correct?

·
Registered
130 Posts
First there is 3 category of firearm here, unrestricted, restricted and prohibited.

Unrestricted and be used for hunthing, restricted can be used at ranges, and prohibited can only be own by people who had some prohibited firearm before they put that law in...

We can have pistol, but the barrel have to be 105mm or longer.

For exemple, your P30 would be prohibited here,due to the barrel lengh, but they are working on getting the P30L, so it can be restricted....

Stuff like MP5, G3(everything made from those firearm) is prohibited.

Magazines have to be pinned to 5 rounds for rifle and 10 for pistol.

The G36C, G36K, UMP and MP7 are restricted but can only be own in semi-auto...

I think that should answer most of your questions.

Pat

·
Registered
130 Posts
BTW, I have received many magazines from people in the US in the last year, they were all delared to custom and I never had a problem. I don't know if the US really check what is going out by courrier, but I never had a problem getting G36 and UMP mags as long as they were following the Canadian law...

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts