HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a H&K USP .40 S&w full. Well today I was cleaning it and it was smooth like a babies ass like always. Well my friend came over and he ask if he can hold it and feel the weight. Well I reassembled my .40 like cake and placed it in his hand. Then I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.

When I came out he was like, "you're safety and fire switch is hard to push up and down!" I was like "huh? What are you talking about?"

I took back my gun and I was messing with the switch, flicking it back and forth. I did notice stiffness than the usual. So I "TRIED" to push out my slide release and it was harder than usual as well. Usually it slides out pretty easily but I had to wiggle it out this time. I thought that maybe I just need to grease up the hole as well as the area for the safety and fire... So I pulled out my greaser and started greasing it with my Q-Tip... I reassembled it and still, it was the same with not positive results.

I'm frustrated as this is my baby. I was wondering if any of you H&K Shooter Junkies can give me some advice? Maybe I F'ed up somewhere or something. Please chime in and make my day when I read this is the morning when I wake up. As for now, I'm going to go and messed around with it a few more times before I KO.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you detail strip it or just field strip it? If you took the entire thing apart i'd say do it again and reassemble it and see if you still have problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you detail strip it or just field strip it? If you took the entire thing apart i'd say do it again and reassemble it and see if you still have problems.
I field stripped it. Slider, Barrel, and spring. I did what you said again and still the same problem(s).

·
Registered
28 Posts
So the release catch for the slide is stiff? This sounds like un-due pressure on the guide rod. Take it out again and kind of feel the spring and the guide rod make sure nothing is out of place, my best guess as the actual lever is just a pivoting piece of metal the force pressing back on it by the slide would make it stiff to press down. Hope it helps!

Also I have to kind of wiggle the slide catch out when I field strip and the pistol is fine. If you are also saying the safety switch is not working well make sure the pin holding in the safety plate is in and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts