HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the HK history book for Christmas and it is amazing! There is a lot of information and pictures. I do think it falls a bit short of info on the 90 series, only one page. It has a ton of info on the P7, P9 and a ton-I mean a ton of stuff on the G3. I will try to post more later when I have the book in front of me, any questions-fire away!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How much info do they have on the belt-fed weapons like the 21 etc.?
The machine guns are from page 276-304. I haven't read it yet but it covers the HK21, HK21A1, HK21E, HK11, G8, G8A1, HK11E, HK23, HK23A1, HK13, LMG HK73, LMG 11, MG36. From a quick glance the HK21 section talks a little about the history of machine guns, the testing of the 21, a few countries that bought them and other various info. The book also covers their rocket launchers like the Panzerfaust 3 and Armbrust (Crossbow). Overall the book is amazing. HK is truly a fascinating company. This book is a must have if you are a collector.

Thanks LANDPIMP, I will have to check that one out!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I would love to have the new HK book but $100 it rather high. I have the wife looking for a better deal.

Not being cheap but if I save some money... I can buy more ammo. MP5 gets hungry!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I need to pick this book up eventually. I saw it once and it is worth the $100.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
OK.... now I need to get my wife to buy one for me.

I have seen so many out there and heard mediocre reviews... But this book sounds well worth the three digit price.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only way I can imagine the book being any cheaper would be a used one, unless there is another source for the book-publisher maybe? If anyone was wondering the box it comes in is just as sturdy as the products they make-perfectly over engineered! They even cover various MG mounts. There is also a lot of info on the G11. The P11 is covered but it says it is still a confidential item, it does list the patent number-also secret. It's funny to hear people say "HK doesn't care about civilians" from the bits in the book I have read not to mention the USP, HK45, SL-8, USC, P2000 and so on that is simply not true. They have the German export laws and the US laws to deal with. Speaking of which the book also says that the P2A1 flare launcher and flares are an item requiring a permit in Germany. I can't wait to read this from cover to cover, well back to work for me!

·
2,832 Posts
you might be able to pick up a german version on ebay a bit cheaper.....but unless you read german..well its just a pretty picture book.

its worth the $100...had mine for over a year and I still open it weekly......often times I will fall asleep with it ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
you might be able to pick up a german version on ebay a bit cheaper.....but unless you read german..well its just a pretty picture book.

its worth the $100...had mine for over a year and I still open it weekly......often times I will fall asleep with it ;)
$100 I wish, one sold on Ebay a few weeks ago for $300. I thought that was nuts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have it and it is great!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts