HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, I am eaten up by all the cool little things that have 'HK' printed on them. I ordered the hitch cover last month and to my surprise it was a little flimsy injection molded plastic cover. It is essentially the same as the ones you get when you sign up for a membership to Better Homes and Gardens at the state fair. (I don't know this for a fact, just guessing).

I decided I wanted something more substantial than the little plastic hitch cover that was going to break the first time we got some snow or someone brushed it with their leg. I came up with an aluminum and stainless version that will be robust and REALLY good looking. The actual 'HK' logo will be purchased from HK, so no trademark infringements.

What I would like to know is what is the interest and what would the average HKPro member pay for one of these? (machined aluminum face with stainless tube that inserts into 2" hitch receiver)

Thanks,
-Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Sure. Depending on what it actually looks like.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,749 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Funny you mention this. I own a carwash and was all pumped.up when I saw one laying in the middle of the carwash, until I saw it was totalled cause it was so cheap.

I'd be interested in one.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Someone was making/selling these here several years ago. I bought one from here, although they came un-painted. Anyway, if we can figure out who it was, perhaps he'd be some help? I don't know anything about CNC milling, was just thinking it might be a help?

I'll get a pic of mine on my truck. I painted mine black and dark red/maroon to match my truck

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Just a suggestion for something different and subtle, what about making one with the red bullet pictogram (like on the MP5 trigger group and the decals offered a while back)?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
It was Kevins Garage that produced something similar if I recall correctly. Personally I am not a fan of the square look but I will still buy one. Perhaps a oversized HK connecting together in block letters could work?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Just a suggestion for something different and subtle, what about making one with the red bullet pictogram (like on the MP5 trigger group and the decals offered a while back)?
If you want window decals of pictogram bullets I can get that rolling. I have access to a machine that makes these window decals. I will start a different thread so not to clutter this one up and get it going.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had a red Curt one for my truck and it held up pretty well.
If you make these I might have to buy another truck to put
it on!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Count me in!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
If you want window decals of pictogram bullets I can get that rolling. I have access to a machine that makes these window decals. I will start a different thread so not to clutter this one up and get it going.
Looking for the other thread!

1 - 20 of 136 Posts