HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the market for a used Hk import benelli. I was looking at the M3 because its semi and pump but I'd like to get feedback on the benellis that guys have on here and let me know what they like and don't like about their different versions.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a SBE Hk import I have had since high school (mid 90's). Its only problem is a requirement to shoot "heavy" dove. Cheap light loads will not cycle the gun properly. I recently bought a SBE2 and I like it a little better, small drop in recoil from the original, stock is a little stickier. I duck hunt and that is where these shine, and the only use my SBE's get. I have a 20 benelli ultra light that is a great dove gun. It is just a beautiful gun, wood grain is sharp, very light recoil.

On the SBE i wish I had held out for the SBE 3. I believe they fixed the benelli "click" in this newer incarnation. Not a huge deal, but it has happened to me, always pisses me off mainly bc at this point it is my fault I know it happens I know why I know how to avoid it.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
So I am in the market for a used Hk import benelli. I was looking at the M3 because its semi and pump but I'd like to get feedback on the benellis that guys have on here and let me know what they like and don't like about their different versions.

Thanks
If you buy the M3 you lose the "free carrier" feature where you can place an additional round on the carrier to increase max load out, unless you really want the pump option to fire low recoiling ammo that does not function the auto-loading Benellis.
To keep that buy an M1 or better yet the M4 which is the most reliable Benelli by far, but also the most expensive.
Whatever you do DO NOT buy any Benelli that has the old crappy sliding ramp rear sight assembly with the small screws that break like glass. Get one with the simple U shaped drift adjustable rear sight or better yet the LPA click adjustable ghost ring sight.
G3Kurz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts