HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the deal with the importation of new hk’s from Germany why is it so hard to get new guns here from HK?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome to our struggle😁. It is what it is. LONG story short is they show up when they show up. “Usually” we can kind of expect shipments twice a year. I’ve found those two times to be around July and October. But that does vary. HK is focused on military contract around the world. We get what we get when they send them. I would suggest politely checking in with HKCS from time to time to see if they have any update on when and what models they see on their horizon.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Your thoughts are particularly correct. That was part of my “LONG” story part. .
In short, our ATF (our government), doesn't like foreign (German in this case), firearms being imported here for civilians. On the other side, the German government (their version of liberals), also causes problems exporting firearms.

So in short (really this time), it's on both ends.

Cheers!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Let's not forget the panic buying of guns and ammo didn't help as well. Almost every manufacturer has no guns in stock not just HK you can find some guns but you will pay MSRP+

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Containers of guns, parts, and ammo have always sat offshore, waiting for the stars to align.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Let's not forget the panic buying of guns and ammo didn't help as well. Almost every manufacturer has no guns in stock not just HK you can find some guns but you will pay MSRP+
And some of us suckers will pay MSRP+ just to ensure our future kids may have the chance to sling ammo down range with our cute SP5K-PDW :)

Paying MSRP+1K or so hurt BUT if I get my hands on more HK SP5* post panic I'll make up for it ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
All good points. And with the current U.S. political climate changing for the worst, I would highly recommend snatching up any new imports as soon as they show up. Who knows if infrequent HK imports will soon dry up completely?

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
All good points. And with the current U.S. political climate changing for the worst, I would highly recommend snatching up any new imports as soon as they show up. Who knows if infrequent HK imports will soon dry up completely?
Yeah the days of buying pretty much any "cool" gun are probably gone forever in the country. Buy what you can now. Though if you don't have any ammo for it you probably never will now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Who's gonna stop them from banning everything in our lives? UH.......nobody.

Reactions: MasterBlaster

·
Registered
13 Posts
What’s the deal with the importation of new hk’s from Germany why is it so hard to get new guns here from HK?
You cant even buy HK rifles in Germany right now let alone export them to the US or anywhere. No German retailer has received a long rifle shipment in close to 2 years now. They will put you on a waiting list though if you pay in advance that is. Your money will be blocked for as long as H&K will take to make a delivery.

Every H&K rifle that is made nowadays is reserved for the french army and once that is finished then probably for the German army order, if no other military orders comes in in between, that are handled with top priority over civilian orders by H&K.
Imagine H&K would let a military customer wait over 2 years for a delivery. They would never choose H&K again. With civilians they can do that.

H&K will have resources for civilian orders again sometime in the mid 2030's.

Plenty of Pistols and SP5K's available though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HK has contracts with all sorts of country gov'ts and police for all sorts of firearms, I suspect that they are way too busy fulfilling those contracts, since they have less then 1,000 employees at the plant in Germany, to be too concerned with civilian sales....especially since their biggest customer base is gov'ts and is their primary sources of their bread and butter, and not joe hilljack in Alabama

besides the French military contract, HK has a 33 million dollar contract with the Army

Heckler & Koch just pulled in a $33.5 million contract modification for the US Army’s newest rifles (militarytimes.com)

then throw in the pandemic that has been going on now for 1 year ,and I'm betting they are doing nothing but contract work, just to catch up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah! Good for H&K, bad for us civilians. H&K won't have any resources to supply civilians for at least the next 10 years with the current military orders in the pipeline. And that's just the current estimate. If H&K keeps pulling in other military contracts, the civilian market will have no realistic chances to get their hands on an H&K rifle anytime soon.

And that also counts for spare parts. I'm hesitating right now to buy a used MR308 because of this.

I find it already remarkable that the french army is willing to wait 10 years (from 2017 to 2028) for the complete order to arrive. We will have laser blasters by then...

I guess we can bury our hopes to buy a new H&K rifle anytime soon.

This sucks!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yeah! Good for H&K, bad for us civilians. H&K won't have any resources to supply civilians for at least the next 10 years with the current military orders in the pipeline. And that's just the current estimate. If H&K keeps pulling in other military contracts, the civilian market will have no realistic chances to get their hands on an H&K rifle anytime soon.

And that also counts for spare parts. I'm hesitating right now to buy a used MR308 because of this.

I find it already remarkable that the french army is willing to wait 10 years (from 2017 to 2028) for the complete order to arrive. We will have laser blasters by then...

I guess we can bury our hopes to buy a new H&K rifle anytime soon.

This sucks!
Maybe you'll be able to get a surrendered one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe you'll be able to get a surrendered one.
Yeah! But the surrendered one's will fall in the hands of the Taliban or the Mali rebels, or wherever the french chose to lose their next battle.

Probably the Taliban and IS are already assigning the rifles among themselves and they will receive their free HK-416 F rifles delivered to their doorsteps sooner than anyone of us.😢

Go ahead convince the German government that arming the french is arming the enemy and they should put an arms embargo on France. A German arms embargo on France would solve so many of our and the worlds problems.:cool:

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,821 Posts
Unprecedented demand in America is largely responsible. Any other questions?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts