·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: edman99

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a kick ass patch.....what's with the barrel plug?

Nice pic, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome Sieg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
what's with the barrel plug?

[/ QUOTE ]
Muzzle protector, they are issued in Sweden as well (Sweden donated a bunch of G3/Ak4s to Estonia, might be one of those in the pic).

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Great picture Chef.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Looks like he's guarding a statue!

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice pic Chef, Do you know what the muzzle protector is made of? Can you just shoot through it?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like the shoulder patch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for sharing, Chef.

- Huki

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks LostOne /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what the muzzle protector is made of? Can you just shoot through it?

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC they are plastic, and shooting through it would not be popular amongst your superiors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

You're welcome HUKI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just shoot through it?

[/ QUOTE ]The British have plastic muzzle covers for the L85, they tell us we can shoot through them in emergency!

·
Registered
38 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Nice pic Chef, Do you know what the muzzle protector is made of? Can you just shoot through it?

[/ QUOTE ]
We (German Army) have this kind of protectors for the G36 and you can shoot through it. It makes a really nice sound *plopp* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . During a night shooting last year I heart it three times (some people should not be allowed to shoot with real guns)...

Is it true that the G3 are from Germany (old weapons of the German Army)?

Fenris

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know if you mean the Swedish or Estonian G3s, but the Swedish G3/Ak4s were all made by FFV Ordnance Division in the 60's and 70's as far as I know (with exception of trial weapons ofcourse).

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't really know but I guess it's quite possible as they seem to have been given matériel by almost every nation in the free world.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
(Sweden donated a bunch of G3/Ak4s to Estonia, might be one of those in the pic).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why to Estonia and not to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Would be prfectly content with one ...ok 3 of those rifles. Of course with those fine new Aimpoints the Swedes have mounted! At least i`m a friend of Sweden, too! (I`d be everybody`s friend, who gives me a G3!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you mean the Swedish or Estonian G3s, but the Swedish G3/Ak4s were all made by FFV Ordnance Division in the 60's and 70's as far as I know (with exception of trial weapons ofcourse).

[/ QUOTE ]

If im not mistaken mine is stamped 82, indicating that they built them into the 80s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I stand corrected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What's with the blue stuff on the rifles in the 1st few pics?

Great pics, thanks, I'm lovin the MG42 (or whatever it is)

·
Registered
9 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Great pics, thanks, I'm lovin the MG42 (or whatever it is)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, its an MG-3 (basically an MG-42 in 7.62mm NATO). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 130 Posts