HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

[ QUOTE ]
Tbilisi, GEORGIA: Georgian special police forces march along Rustaveli Prospect in central Tbilisi late 30 June 2005. Several thousand people, mainly sportsmen, blocked the avenue to protest the three-month jail sentence of Georgia's boxing federation chief Alexi Davitashvili and European judo champion Georgy Revazishvili on extortion charges. Police violently dispersed the rally which blocked the center of the capital, arresting up to 70 people and clubbing many more. AFP PHOTO / STRINGER

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice guns. Balaclavas could use some work, and the politics...well lets not get into that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks SS.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Very intersting, and a rare find /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, thanks Sam! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome! My godmother lives in Tbilisi and I was planning on visiting her this fall--I hope I see some G36s and other cool HKs while I'm there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
A suspect charged for throwing a grenade at the US president detained
2005-07-21 15:25:22

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to "He219".

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh . . . . . that Georgia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I thought you meant the state of GA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Silly, arrogant American /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Anyway, nice pics

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
LOL! I thought the exact same thing when I first saw this thread, so I guess I'm an silly, arrogant Swede /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Thanks Slateman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

·
Registered
245 Posts
*bump*

Georgian special police walk near a house that was hit during a recent shootout in the village of Ergneti some 100 km (62 miles) from the capital Tbilisi August 5, 2008. Georgia on Tuesday denied readying for war in its breakaway South Ossetia region following deadly weekend clashes that have stoked fears of a new war in the volatile Caucasus.
and from the past:

Tbilisi, GEORGIA: Georgian special police forces march along Rustaveli Prospect in central Tbilisi late 30 June 2005. Several thousand people, mainly sportsmen, blocked the avenue to protest the three-month jail sentence of Georgia's boxing federation chief Alexi Davitashvili and European judo champion Georgy Revazishvili on extortion charges. Police violently dispersed the rally which blocked the center of the capital, arresting up to 70 people and clubbing many more.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
^Ditto! :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
These guys look serious, nice pics.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Well if you think about it, they would have to go HK or someone else... It's not like Russia is going to supply their "enemy" with Russian AK's. LOL

I also saw some picture on the AP newswire with a tank that clearly was a swiss design... So it looks like they've been having to procure military arsenal from elsewhere...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also saw some picture on the AP newswire with a tank that clearly was a swiss design....
Erm. Very unlikely. The Swiss haven't produced their own tank designs for a very long time. The last tank manufactured in Switzerland was the Pz 87, a licensed copy of the German Leopard 2. Needless to say, none of those were exported, certainly not to Georgia.

Cheers

HANS

·
Registered
61 Posts
They have (or had, at least) a 'hodgepodge' of weapons...Israeli Tavors, Bushmaster M16s and lots of AK74s from who knows where (Bulgaria? Dunno) my guess would be very few H&Ks as Germany is not a huge supporter of the little country. Doesn't matter much now, however, as the Russkies have well and truely overwhelmed them...

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Just because Russia screws up occasionally doesn't mean the current conflict is entirely their fault, and just because the UN has its problems doesn't mean they send our troops to their death.
Yes, and Hitler in '38 was only seeing after human rights of german people in "Sudetenland" that was "abused by evil Czechoslovak tyrrany".

We here are neighbours to Russia, we know history, we know policy, we know how Russia "think". What threats were issued against Poland joining NATO and UE. That Russia wants Poland to have less gauarantees of safety that other NATO countries. Last year Russia threated Poland, that if we will accept US "anti-missle" base, they will move few houndreds medium range missles (including nukes) to our border (not real problem as they have over lots of them here now). For them even fact that Poland (and Lietuva, Latvia or Estonia) is sovereign coutry with it's own policy is offencing.

Problem of Georgia is not Osetia or Abchasia. Problem is that it's sovereign, democratic country, that wants to work with "The West", but it's small and neighbors Russia (for most Russians it's just rebbeled province). And this Russia will not tolerate. Not after loosing "european colonies" together with Baltic Republics. Now Ukraine is slipping from it's graps (but Ukraine is huge country, not pocket-republic like Georgia, they can put fight, so in this case more econimic blakmailing and seducing is used).

What dou you think, why even Belarus (strongly anti-west and anti-US in it's policy and talks) didn't support Russia on this one? Becouse they now of real intentions and that it's not unlikelly for them to be next (regime in Belarus is not even democratic - "good Russia" shoud do something about it!). And there are lot of russian people leaving in Belarus, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lietuva and Mother Russia will come to help them from oppression. Will NATO die for Tallin? Word was not ready to die for Vienna, Prague or Gdansk. It took full scale war in Poland to wake up for rest of Europe. Can we learn from history?

Russia for good hundred of years was empire. They lost it, but they did not lost imperial approach. Now they want to rebuild it, no matter of cost or mean.

BTT In polish newspaper I saw picture of regular Georgia troops preparing to defend Tiblisi. All with AKs but one of them had.... SL8! It had scope on in and was painted green (it was seen that paint wears out od some parts).

Took photo of photo with my mobile ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts