HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's better to collect HK sightings in Germany in a single thread, instead of creating a thread for each incident that makes them come out of their armories...

Off we go then:

AFP Photo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pic showing 2 GSG9 personnel guarding a terror suspect.

Anyone got a clue what the bag around his hands' good for?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Same as the bag over the head,
protecting the guarding officers!

Is this pics from the incident in Ostwestfalen???
That scrum want to bomb the airport of Frankfurt
and the Ramstein AB!!!
They should be send to Guantanamo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just about to post htis pic....you beat me by a long shot

J

·
0 Posts
Pic showing 2 GSG9 personnel guarding a terror suspect.

Anyone got a clue what the bag around his hands' good for?
Perhaps he's the one who got a pistol out of the holster of a GSG9 as he was being taken to the ground. Shot the officer in the hand.

From Washingtonpost.com:

"One of the three men fled and, in a scuffle with a police officer, wrested a pistol from his holster and shot him in the hand before he was subdued."

Here's a clearer version of the picture.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Perhaps he's the one who got a pistol out of the holster of a GSG9 as he was being taken to the ground. Shot the officer in the hand.
The gun was not taken from a GSG-9 officer but from an officer of the BKA. The suspect grabbed the officer´s gun after a "wrestling match" (quote from the president of the BKA Zierke) with the officer. A shot was fired which injured the officer´s hand. The suspect pulled the trigger a second time, but the gun jammed (probably because the officer had grabbed the gun while the first shot was fired which caused the failure).

·
Registered
129 Posts
The gun was not taken from a GSG-9 officer but from an officer of the BKA. The suspect grabbed the officer´s gun after a "wrestling match" (quote from the president of the BKA Zierke) with the officer. A shot was fired which injured the officer´s hand. The suspect pulled the trigger a second time, but the gun jammed (probably because the officer had grabbed the gun while the first shot was fired which caused the failure).
Are you sure... I thought it was a GSG-9 Officer that the gun was taken from... maybe the news report was wrong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are you sure... I thought it was a GSG-9 Officer that the gun was taken from... maybe the news report was wrong.

Well, I am quite sure about it! Though of course I wasn´t there, but that´s what the president of the BKA Jörg Zierke told the press at the live press conference today at about 11:30 AM.

It looks like one of the suspects escaped through a window in the bathroom when the GSG-9 was storming into the house. The house was surrounded by BKA-officers in case anyone tried to escape, which just happened and then the "wrestling match" began.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would think it unlikely that a GSG9 man would lose his sidearm in a scuffle. Stranger things have happened, of course, but I would imagine weapons retention training would be a priority for a close interdiction CT operator, maybe less so for local police.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The BKA (Bundeskriminalamt - Federal Criminal Agency, the German equivalent of the FBI) are not local police; they are the investigative component of the Federal Ministry of the Interior.
Each of the 16 German states has a state police agency, the LKA (Landeskriminalamt - State Criminal Agency).
The BP (Bundespolizei - Federal Police) was formerly called the BGS (Bundesgrenzschutz - Federal Border Patrol), and GSG (Grenzschutzgruppe) is part of the BP (former BGS) and based in Sankt Augustin, just across the Rhine River from Bonn.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Any idea where I can get one of those brown hoodies? Looks sweet.

There is no doubt Germany does "intimidation" really well - even when in "casuals". Glad to see the MP7 in use. Thanks for the pic!

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
no, but the blue jumpsuits are free.....:D

Any idea where I can get one of those brown hoodies? Looks sweet.

There is no doubt Germany does "intimidation" really well - even when in "casuals". Glad to see the MP7 in use. Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Regarding the bag over the hands. We sometimes put terrorists suspects hands into bags for foresic evidence reasons. Any traces of evidence will be preserved on the suspects hands and after the bags can be examined for traces of explosives, gun powder, etc which may have been transfered. This may be one reason although looking at it, I suspect it is mainly to stop him grabbing something he shouldn't...

Just another thought.

1 - 20 of 352 Posts