·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: HK in Greece

Bah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif MP7 all the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And looking at that P90 the magazine doesn't look all the way full...

What's with the orange 'dot' on the fifth picture (Second last)? couldn't be a laser pointer...?

Nice pictures, Chef. I've seen some new footage of the Greek guys, and they look pretty good in action.

- Huki

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thnks Huki.
That P90 mag actually looks like it's missing rounds in the middle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
The orange dot might be something seen thru a hole in the wall.

·
Registered
221 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the orange 'dot' on the fifth picture (Second last)? couldn't be a laser pointer...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a pyrotechnic device -Smoke or tear gas grenade or similar.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You're probably right mg42.

Here's another pic:

(I like the way his SD seems to be taking a leak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

·
Registered
221 Posts

Now that gives the term "wet suppressor" a whole new meaning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah, I only wish he would have fired of a round for the photographer, that would have made for a really sweet pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts

SwedishChef...excellent pics (once again) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have to agree, it would've made for a sweet photo if he fired his sd full of water. Those closed-circuit rigs (Drager rebreathers) are awesome. You can almost hear the rust begining to form on his mag and weapon though.
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks (once again) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Registered
9 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
A Greek soldier aims his rifle as he stands on a frigate deck during an exercise at Saronic gulf south of Athens July 21, 2004. Greece is staging the biggest ever Olympic security plan worth over one billion euros with up to 70,000 soldiers, coastguards and police officers participating in the plan to safeguard the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

It's nice to see that the G3 is still being used. It
sometimes seems to get lost in all the new firearms
that are being produced today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Great pic Lone_wolf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to see that the G3 is still being used. It
sometimes seems to get lost in all the new firearms
that are being produced today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly, especially at sea where I guess you could use the range of a 7.62.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

[ QUOTE ]
Members of the special anti-terrorist unit of the Greek Police are seen during a security drill in this handout photo released by the Greek Public Order Ministry in Athens on Friday, July 30, 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
201 Posts

MP5: $X,000

Sight: $X00

Kicking in doors: Priceless

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry but I wouldn't have clue what that type of a equipment would cost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

- Huki

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[ QUOTE ]
Elite Greek coast guards patrol the area next to the U.S. cruise ship World Renaissance, as bomb experts with sniffer dogs exit the ship at the port of Piraeus near Athens, Friday, Aug. 6, 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
CNN showed a bunch of MP5s

ON the CNN clip of Greek security today, they had a fairly good number of MP5 shots plus a real close up of one...beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

One more:

[ QUOTE ]
An armed Greek policeman keeps watch near the main Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece, August 8, 2004, as security tightens for the 2004 Olympics. Having soaked up years of stern warnings and harsh words, Athens Olympic organizers were on Sunday given a resounding vote of confidence by IOC (news - web sites) President Jacques Rogge. (Nigel Marple/Reuters)

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
167 Posts

so do the greeks use their own domestically produced weapons or do they use factory HK? I know they produce hk91 copies, but do they produce mp5 variants?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts