HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

don't know if this one has been posted before.

It is from Kosovska Mitrovica where KFOR-troops control a bridge that divides the Albanian from the Serbian part. There were major clashes last March.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
UNMIK Police:

Thanks to "V/E".

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cool pic, Chef. Thanks for posting. Looks dangerous. *Strikes Kosovo off holiday list* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, nice avatar ccmdude!

S

·
0 Posts
In their position, I'd feel marginally safer a) taking cover behind those APCs instead of the Mitsubishi SUV - and b) wearing a more subtly coloured vest and helmet.

The flat tyre on the SUV argues more loudly than the tinted rear windows that the SUV is probably not properly armoured - though perhaps the doors could have been reinforced with scrap kevlar...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
UNMIK Close Protection Unit:

Thanks to "Viking68".

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
One more, again courtesy of "Viking68":

Swedish envoy second from right.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts

PRISTINA - KOSOVO - YUGOSLAVIA
epa00920826 Kosovo policemen guard the parliament building in the Kosovo capital Pristina, Friday 02 February 2007. UN envoy Martti Ahtisaari delivers today a plan to leaders in Belgrade and Pristina on the future status of Kosovo that is expected to pave the way for the independence of the ethnic Albanian majority province of Serbia. EPA/VALDRIN XHEMAJ
EPA / STF / VALDRIN XHEMAJ
Thanks to "Lancero"

·
Registered
485 Posts
Those are some really great pics guys...thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
neat, its funny to see some of the G36K's without the short range sight, I guess its just that easy to take off?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
You're welcome, piebiter! :cool:

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
Flew into Prishtina from Vienna for medical mission 2Sep06. VERY peaceful place, due to the strong presence of NATO KFOR troops. Saw American (Camp Bondsteel) and Itallian troops-HK's, Beretta SMG's, M-16s,-4s. Good pics.
God bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
An additional comment-I read this morning that Serbia states that they will never recognize Kosovo independence. When I was there rumor was that NATO will end mission soon. There are no legal weapons in Kosovo. Serbia has the eighth largest army in the world. I spoke with some ex-KLA members (Kosovo Liberation Army) and told them that I hoped that they were meeting in the hills at night! They had to disband as a condition of NATO. 2000 years of occupation Irillya-Romans-Ottomans-Tito-Milosovic-? If NATO leaves does Serbia move right back in? Do we now have a humanitarian obligation?
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
mchild2...

It's a bloody mess, nothing learned after all these centuries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When we were in Kosovo, we went out with the Swedes and some other nations for a demolition/shooting/cookout day. It was a great time and here are some photos of some of the guns brought out for us to play with.

This other picture is the Germans trying to teach some soldiers how to shoot their pistol.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts