HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BBC has pictures online of what are either Scotland Yards or MET Police with MP5s and what looks like HK416s with PDW stock.

Sucks that an uniformed officer was stabbed to death by the assailent who is also dead, shot by SY/MET Police.

416 with PDW Stock, does not look like a 416C, barrel looks to be 10.4".

416 held on a suspect while down.

MP5

G36

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
When I visited London in October, 2015 the police outside Buckingham Palace and outside Downing Street had a combination of MP5s and MP7s. Never saw anything else deployed on the street.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good thing the cops have nice guns, as the citizens can't be armed to defend themselves. Actually, the news yesterday said many of the cops are also unarmed. WTF ?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The AR that looks like a HK416C PDW is actually a SIG MCX. Saw a bunch of them yesterday in the photos.
Someone said the same to me late last night.

I've never seen one with that type of PDW stock. I've only seen them with the wire folding stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good thing the cops have nice guns, as the citizens can't be armed to defend themselves. Actually, the news yesterday said many of the cops are also unarmed. WTF ?
The poor policeman that died was unarmed... guarding a high value area, in a country where the only question is when and where there will be the next terrorist attack.

Some people never learn... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
When I visited London in October, 2015 the police outside Buckingham Palace and outside Downing Street had a combination of MP5s and MP7s. Never saw anything else deployed on the street.
I was there is 2014 and also saw quite a number of G36c around Whitehall if I recall location.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Only the politicians and the Royal family are guarded by police with guns, and as you noted "nice guns".
The citizens are guarded by unarmed police who cannot even carry a kitchen knife.

I lived there for 22 years.

London is a place where even the police has to call The Police.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The poor policeman that died was unarmed... guarding a high value area, in a country where the only question is when and where there will be the next terrorist attack.

Some people never learn... :rolleyes:
I hope you and your family are ok and safe?

Keep your head down until the political situation settles down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
WE have in the vast vast majority of cases (approx 12 last year) stopped attacks at the planning phase in this case it was 82 seconds from first person struck to armed officers shooting the attacker, the Palace have armed officers on patrol at all times

It was PC Palmers funeral on Monday with 5000 officers from all around the UK lining the route

1 - 17 of 17 Posts