HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Courtesy of He219:

[ QUOTE ]
Soldiers keep watch at the scene of the crashed Bellview airline, 27 October, 2005. President Obasanjo visited the scene of the crash and also participated in a memorial service for the 117 victims in the village of Lissa in the Ifo district, southwest Nigeria. Grieving relatives and solemn dignitaries gathered to mourn 27 October at the site where a Nigerian airliner plunged to earth and killed all 177 people on board, as US aviation experts arrived in to help investigate the mystery crash. Nigerian agencies have yet to advance any theory as to why Bellview Airlines flight 210 lost contact with air traffic control three minutes after taking off Lagos' Ikeja Airport on Saturday before exploding in a cocoa grove just north of the city. AFP PHOTO/PIUS UTOMI EKPEI

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

NIGER DELTA - - NIGERIA
epa00930929 (FILE) Picture dated 31 January 2007 shows Filipino hostages surrounded by armed militants of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) in the creeks of the oil rich Niger delta region of Southern Nigeria. According to the Nigerian government all 24 Filipino oil workers that were taken hostage in January aboard a vessel in southern Nigerias Delta State have been released Tuesday 13 February 2007. The group were kidnapped from their vessel, owned by the German shipping firm BacoLiner, on 20 January 2007 EPA/ONOME OGHENE
EPA / STR / ONOME OGHENE
Thanks to "Lancero"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah it's pretty funny. Two RPG's pointed at you when you're in the middle of a crowd of people. Just showing their firepower I guess...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I lived in Lagos for 3 years when I was younger in the late 80s. Remember being stopped and interogated at gun point at some of their "Check Points" during the military regimes (a check point was 2x4s in the middle of the road with a lot of rusted nails). Seems like it was mostly AKs at that time.

Also got Car Jacked while on the move on a trip to Abudja. But that is another story. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah it's pretty funny. Two RPG's pointed at you when you're in the middle of a crowd of people. Just showing their firepower I guess...
Yeah, I was about to say...I don't mean to joke at the hostages' expense (it's horrible that this happened to them), but damn, what does that dude think he's doing holding an RPG on them at that range? "Don't move or I'll blow us all up"? Damn, talk about overkill (not to mention stupidity).

Oh, yeah, and aren't those rifles CETMEs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I was about to say...I don't mean to joke at the hostages' expense (it's horrible that this happened to them), but damn, what does that dude think he's doing holding an RPG on them at that range? "Don't move or I'll blow us all up"? Damn, talk about overkill (not to mention stupidity).
Looking at the condition of those warheads, I'd bet if they even fired, they probably wouldn't detonate.

Also, a point-blank shot wouldn't detonate...it's got a minimum safe distance to prevent accidents like that from getting any worse.

Oh, yeah, and aren't those rifles CETMEs?
They could very well be, but very early G3's had walnut forearms and stocks. The one in the second pic looks like it's fresh out of the shipping crate.

Too bad it's in the hands of a complete idiot.

·
Registered
546 Posts

Reuters Pictures

Fighters loyal to militant leader Ateke Tom show off their weapons in one of their camps in the Niger Delta March 6, 2008. The group, known as the Icelanders and run by renowned militant Ateke, claims to be 600 to 700-strong, with recruitment fuelled by unemployment, anger and a lack of opportunities. Picture taken March 6, 2008.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
They like there collections random over there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts