HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If, and that is a huge if, HK was to enter the .22 or .32 or smaller caliber market again, what would you like to see it look like?
Revival upgrade of the HK 4?
USP downsized like Kimber did with the 1911?
Head on competition to the plinker like Ruger/Neos/Woodsman and the like?
Something like the polymer FN 5seven with it's polymer slide; effective penetration in a backup or CCW?
Something radically new?
All you arm chair engineers, put a can in the hobo stew and tell us what you'd like to see is a small cal.?:860:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would think that HK would probably follow suit with what Walther did, and make a .22LR variant of the USP or P2000.

Obviosuly the slide would need to be substancially lightened, OR, make a "Desert eagle" style slide with only the rear portion that moves.

It possibly could be something with the same frame as the USP/P2000 with mabey a magazine insert (like the 9mm mag well inserts for Ar15's) and a slide/barrel kit...

Lots of ways they COULD do it (if they ever did) but my bet is they would stick to the "weapon system" approach and keep it modular, like the trigger packs of the 9x series.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I would rather HK made a .22 kit for USP and USP Compact pistols.

IE the .22 kits that you can buy after-market for a 1911 or Glock . Where it replaces slide, barrel, spring and magazine. I always thought that the USP Compact would make a nice little .22 pistol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would rather HK made a .22 kit for USP and USP Compact pistols.

IE the .22 kits that you can buy after-market for a 1911 or Glock . Where it replaces slide, barrel, spring and magazine. I always thought that the USP Compact would make a nice little .22 pistol.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd be willing to spend a fair bit'o'bucks (hear that HK!) to have a 22 kit for a USP. Maybe a short barrel for the compact 45 and a longer one for my Expert. Darn, that'd be sweet. Now I want one!

USP 45C
PSP
9 mm Expert
HK4
Sig Trailside
Kahr CW9
S&W 686+

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd love a conversion kit for my HK but I believe if they did enter the market again it would be more of a race gun type of setup which is fine by me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't mind a P7 Euro in .22 LR. I reckon it would be pretty expensive.

...A man's gotta dream, boy...It comes with the territory...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the .32 (7.65) platform. I'd love to see something like a .22/.32 again in about the size frame as an HK 4 but a whole new pistol. Give me a combat rugged backup little .32 to tuck away. Not that I could carry the thing in California. But make it with a frame big enough to get all 4 fingers on (trigger +3)
make it .22 interchangeable for cheep fun practice.
make it radically accurate
make it handel very high presure cartridge like the 5.7. Something in the +P++ range?
Make it so I could actually have a resonable shot at shooting compitition with it.
Make it with no compromise.

would you carry something like that as a CCW or a backup?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I wouldn't mind a P7 Euro in .22 LR. I reckon it would be pretty expensive.

...A man's gotta dream, boy...It comes with the territory...
That would be the P7k3. Most people don't shoot them, because they are VERY rare, but you can find them from time to time on Gunrboker and such places (very very rare tho).

It comes in .22LR, .380, and .32acp.

They are i think the rarest version, next to the P7M7 of course :p

http://www.hkpro.com/p7k3.htm

ETA

Didn't know if you already knew about it or not, just threw it out there ;)

J

·
0 Posts
If, and that is a huge if, HK was to enter the .22 or .32 or smaller caliber market again, what would you like to see it look like?
Revival upgrade of the HK 4?
USP downsized like Kimber did with the 1911?
Head on competition to the plinker like Ruger/Neos/Woodsman and the like?
Something like the polymer FN 5seven with it's polymer slide; effective penetration in a backup or CCW?
Something radically new?
All you arm chair engineers, put a can in the hobo stew and tell us what you'd like to see is a small cal.?:860:
Hello, i would like them to come up with their own idea....i own a S&W model 41 and it will be a long time before you will convince me and others and some you will never convert to change...as you know you can only shoot as good as your eyes my eyes will never be as good as my 41...i do like the looks of my colt woodsman and match target.

thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
265 Posts
Damn...I'd just take a .22 like the Sig Mosquito or Walther P22...I'd be willing to pay a lot more for it too! Give it a threaded barrel option and we are so game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd pay good money for a true .22 P7...not a P7K3 with the floating chamber (I have one, but don;t think the floating chamber is a good idea for a pure .22), but a dedicated .22.

That being said, I like the idea of a .22 conversion for existing 9mm P7s more.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I shoot mine in .22 all the time. With the .22 conversion on the K3, there is very little wear. Besides, I can't stand not to shoot a weapon, exspecially when it is reliable, fun, and very quite!

I do agree though, the floating chamber does need cleaning every 100 rounds or so to keep it smooth.

Rick

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I would like to see HK release a dedicated .22 pistol with an agressive, tactical look, something to compete directly with the Mosquito and the P22, that would be 100% "HK reliable" as compared with them.

I would really like to buy a NICE .22, but I have read many, many poor reviews of the Mosquito and the P22. Even the "nontactical-looking" Ruger Mark IIs and Mark IIIs, and the Buckmarks are MUCH more reliable than the Mosquitos and P22s. In fact, the only ones listed above that I have never read a bad review of is the Buckmark and the Mark II.

If I were to buy one right now, I'd have to go for the Buckmark Hunter like this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83603674

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Note: HK allready has a competitor to FN's Five Seven, called the UCP 4.6x30mm pistol. Now whether we private citizens in the U.S. are ever offered this model or a semi auto variant of the MP7(or anything in HK 4.6mm) is yet to be seen. Also neither cartridge lends well to small hideout handguns, as both cartridges are basically as long as a round of 158gr .357 Mag.
There is quite a bit of difference between .22LR pistols and these as to really have no place in the same thread with each other.

The FN Five Seven has a polymer slide COVER, but the slide is steel.

here are the two rounds together. On the left is the 4.6x30mm HK (.184 bullet, solid steel core with copper jacket) on the right 5.7x28mm FN (.224 bullet, copper jacket with steel nose insert and aluminum core)

Out of either 10" barreled PDW the muzzle velocity is basically the same(its withen 50fps of each other) though the 4.6 bullet is lighter.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I shoot mine in .22 all the time. With the .22 conversion on the K3, there is very little wear. Besides, I can't stand not to shoot a weapon, exspecially when it is reliable, fun, and very quite!

I do agree though, the floating chamber does need cleaning every 100 rounds or so to keep it smooth.

Rick

Beautiful! I want one!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd like to see it in P7 form.
And a dedicated .22, not a K3 type. By going that way, they could simplify things a little and maybe keep it from costing $2000.

They could probably go with a polymer frame on a blowback .22 P7. I'd rather they didn't, but I could see why they would want to. It wouldn't keep me from buying one if they did.
Mold a steel barrel trunnion into that frame and have a screw-in, interchangable barrel. You could then swap barrels to go from a standard barrel, a slightly extended threaded muzzle barrel for suppressor, a long barrel (and slide?). A lightweight aluminum sleeved barrel (like the S&W 317 AirLites) combined with a polymer frame would make a really light pistol.

Maybe by swapping in a lighter squeeze-cocker spring so they could cock it easier, it would make a neat trainer for kids.
I always thought semi-auto .22s were great to learn on since all you have to think about is sight alignment and trigger press. The .22 P7 would add the safety feature of instantly going to uncocked as soon as the shooter lets go of it.

Stagger the cartridge rims in the magazine like a S&W 41 and it should hold about 12 rounds.
Call it the P7M12?
P7K22?

A P7 in .22 with polymer frame and modular construction should sell for a competitive price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts