HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

[ QUOTE ]
MANILA, PHILIPPINES: Anti-terrorist police guard a hotel while a group of Filipino demonstrators rally to denounce US occupation of Iraqi while Iraqi Minister for Public Works Nesreen Barwari is giving lecture on Iraq's reconstruction 03 May 2004. The protesters denounced Iraq's Governing Council as US puppet and called on US and Philippine troops to pull out of Iraq. Meanwhile Barwari who earlier met with Philippine President Gloria Arroyo thank the Philippines for its help in rebuilding the war-ravaged country. Manila sent 51 Filipino soldiers and policemen serving with the US-led occupation forces in Iraq. AFP PHOTO JAY DIRECTO (Photo credit should read JAY DIRECTO/AFP/Getty Images)

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, it's called "ugly safari denim" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It IS a cool pic, though. Homey definitely looks ready to do bidniss! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is the PNP (Philippine National Police) standard "police camo" issue. I don't really like the look of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Will post a pic of the "Urban Camo" used by the Philippines PSG (Presidential Security Group).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think it is designed to blend into the toy section at the local Toys r us. Cool picture though....

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is designed NOT to blend with anything! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Personally, I think the color scheme looks stupid! I think the idea was to create an image of a combative police force as well as carefully differentiating it from military units.

If you want more pics of this "camo" color scheme, I will try to take some snapshots of these units who will be fanning out around the Philippines tomorow as it is the eve of the Philippines presidential election.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[ QUOTE ]
I will try to take some snapshots of these units who will be fanning out around the Philippines tomorow as it is the eve of the Philippines presidential election.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be sweet indeed, and much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool pic Jumpman, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more:

[ QUOTE ]
Philippine National Police SWAT members patrol the financial district of Makati city south of Manila on Tuesday Feb 15, 2005, a day after coordinated bombings in three cities in the Philippines, including Makati city, killed seven people and injured more than a hundred others. The country's entire Police and military were placed on red alert status following the bombings. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And another one:

[ QUOTE ]
MANILA, PHILIPPINES: Elite anti-terrorist police patrol the financial district of Makati suburban Manila, 15 February 2005, a day after a bomb explosion. Security have been increased around the capital following Valentines' day bomb attack claimed by Al-Qaeda-linked Abu Sayyaf as Philippine President Gloria Arroyo vowed to wipe out terrorist group, after the three bomb attacks left 12 people dead and over 130 injured. AFP PHOTO JAY DIRECTO

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess I've gotten pretty good at recognizeing HKs by now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sweet pics, Chef. I've seen pictures of Israeli police/commandos riding on motorbikes with Uzis and a few short ARs. Good to see the MP5 has some use in this area.

Its just asking for a Hollywood action scene ain't it?

- Huki

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I gotta ask... What's with no eyewear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif or helmet for that matter...Who cares if you're exempt from any traffic laws, comfort and safetywise that's crazy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif There's nothing worse than taking an insect or gravel in the eye /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif while riding, not to mention the bleary eyes you get with the wind in the face....
Rant over...

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Huki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Its just asking for a Hollywood action scene ain't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Philippines are probably not as safety-orientated as the lawsuit-happy America.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It doesn't take a lawsuit to want eyewear while riding an MC. 5 minutes of riding will cure that. I can't imagine trying to make a shot with bleary eyes after riding down some dusty road. Not to mention taking a spill off the bike at any speed with that rifle slung across your gut. I'm betting they never went through the HD Police MC Operator's Course (I know, the one is riding a Kaw). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Talk about taking your lumps... Oh and the HK's were nice too (to keep this on topic for SChef) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 87 Posts