·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thank you, He, piebiter! :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The US military has had occupancy in the Phillipines now for a really long time. Starting around the time of the Korean war I believe. Correct me if Im wrong. Thanks again for photos
Presence I believe would be more appropriate than "occupancy".

Military presence since 1900's sir.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did anyone catch in the photos of the SWAG troopers the guy with the short barrel G36 with the optic sight/scope cover closed ?

·
Registered
245 Posts

^ from Lancero

Elite Special Action Forces from the Philippine National Police who are assigned to the Presidential Security Group march during ceremony to mark their 109th anniversary Thursday July 5, 2007 in Manila, Philippines. The PSG, whose main task is to provide security to the President and her family, conducted 295 presidential tasks last year including the security for the ASEAN Leaders' Summit and its Dialogue Partners early this year

·
Registered
8 Posts
The US military has had occupancy in the Phillipines now for a really long time. Starting around the time of the Korean war I believe. Correct me if Im wrong. Thanks again for photos
US occupation of the PI began in 1898 - during the Spanish American war - your only off 50 years or so

·
Registered
335 Posts
In a way, I find it fascinating that the Republic has invested so much (as far as the pics show) in equipping its forces, specially those tasked with counter-terrorism and Presidential security with some of the finest small arms in the world. Some 15 years ago, nary a HK was fielded by Filipino forces. You might have had some MP5s or MP5Ks in service with the PSG (Presidential Security Group) but you would be hard-pressed to find any other HK firearms in the inventory which was largely dominated by the M16 family of guns.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks, He! :D
BWChris, the Aimpoint work very well with the front cover closed.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

Armed police from the elite Special Weapons and Tactics secure the area around the bomb damaged Glorietta mall in Manila's financial district in Makati, 21 October 2007. Philippine police investigators found traces of military type explosives at the blast site while local ABS CBN TV station received a message from a supposedly Muslim extremist group, the Rajah Solaiman Movement, claiming responsibility for the bombing. The blast tore through the plush shopping mall 19 October shattering the concrete floor and punching a hole through the roof, leaving rubble strewn everywhere. Death toll rose to 11 and more than 100 injured. US experts are assisting Philippine investigators in the blast probe. AFP PHOTO/ROMEO GACAD
Thanks to "Lancero" & "bd popeye".

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)

Male & Female Filipino police commandos, belonging to the elite Philippine National Police Special Action Force (PNP-SAF) demonstrate knife fighting combat techniques during an exercise before President Gloria Arroyo (not in picture) at Camp Bagong Diwa in Manila 30 October 2007. The police force demonstrated their capabilities in anti-terrorism operations. AFP PHOTO/ROMEO GACAD (Photo credit should read ROMEO GACAD/AFP/***** Images)
Thanks to "Lancero" & "bd popeye".

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
You're welcome, 6'!

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Peninsula Hotel Siege:

Thanks to "Cygnus", "Sandman" and He219.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Philippine National Police SWAT members gather on the grounds of the Manila City Hall after failing to capture a gunman who shot and killed former Mayor Rey Yap outside a courtroom upstairs Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008 in Manila, Philippines. Yap, the former Mayor of Sapang Dalaga, Misamis Occidental province in southern Philippines, was killed by a lone gunman while attending a hearing on murder charges. Yap's bodyguard and a woman were also wounded in the shooting.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts