·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
HK Knives...

Knock off's... Not even knock off's... They aren't even copies of originals...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured as much. I certainly don't need that. I have too many cheap POS knives as it is.

Though I am looking into getting a sweet little HK knife (of extremely high quality, ex: benchmade or boker) to match my HK pistol :40: :28:

My current (quality knives worth mentioning) collection is pretty slim, a very sweet kershaw pocket knife, ka-bar military issue and S&W homeland security 1st production pocket knife.

But heres my next question, what about the benchmades and bokers? I don't see them on HK's web-site. I know these two are great brands, just wondering why HK doesn't advertise them?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,643 Posts
The HK logo and designs are licensed to them.

Boker and Benchmade, that is!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I think I would skip those also. I have a decent knife collection but have no place in it for crap. I like Benchmade alot. My daily carry pocket knife is a benchmade, and my knife I carry on my duty belt is a benchmade auto that I got while in the AOR. It sits right in front of my pistol. It cuts through seat belts, straps on backpacks, and even the occasional coat like it isn't even there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Member RLB sells the Benchmade 1's, look for them here on HKPro in parts and acc.

I figured as much. I certainly don't need that. I have too many cheap POS knives as it is.

Though I am looking into getting a sweet little HK knife (of extremely high quality, ex: benchmade or boker) to match my HK pistol :40: :28:

My current (quality knives worth mentioning) collection is pretty slim, a very sweet kershaw pocket knife, ka-bar military issue and S&W homeland security 1st production pocket knife.

But heres my next question, what about the benchmades and bokers? I don't see them on HK's web-site. I know these two are great brands, just wondering why HK doesn't advertise them?

·
Registered
634 Posts
No company would allow distortion to their corporate identity (logo/trademark). The photo is proportionate but the logo's vertical height is distorted by about -8%. I have a few Benchmades and love them. Smooth and fast to draw.

·
Registered
178 Posts
A friend just bought a Benchmade 14255 http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=14255 and it looks, feels, and works really good. It is a little more deviant looking than I would like but it does have its appeal. I have big hands and it feels real comfortable and at the same time not to light or to heavy. The weighted feel coupled with the sturdy construction give the user confidense and also instantly shows its quality. The thumb rest on the blade is very nice. The blade unfolds like butter once you unlock it with the ambi thumb switch. It then locks in the out position and the thumb switch needs a little more power applied to it in order to unlock the blade for retraction, which is a good thing. One issue I already observed with the black finish on the blade is that it rubs off with metal contact pretty easily. When folding or unfolding the knife sometimes the blade touches the metal frame inside the grip. The high point on the tanto blade touches and on that spot the finish is wearing off. This is after about 20-30 foldings. I have seen pictures of other used black finish Benchmade blades where the high points have worn off also. I would recommend this knife.
I myself like this look better and ordered it the other day though its on back order everywhere:( http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=14450

You can find these knives all over the net. if you look hard enough you can get them for real good prices! Don't ask me where to get them. There are forum members selling them also.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
RLB is good to go. I bought an auto axis HK Benchmade, and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HK knives by Benchmade

I have a few HK knives by Benchmade posted in (HK PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR SALE) I will BTT them. These are not cheap knives they are very high quality. I have a 14450SBK and more.
I am authorized Benchmade dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
147000SBX Benchmade here - will only buy knives from them and Kershaw. Otherwise, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Here are his other counterfeit items - including other HK, Colt, and UZI knives. Oddly they all are the same one or two models.

330205559054, 330204176553, 330204425364, 330205558344

I reported the ads to ebay support as counterfeit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
H&K Knives

Benchmade is hands down the best quality knives on the market.Check out Savson Swords,The Blade Shop or New Graham.I buy most of my knives from these places I own 18 benchmade and many many more knives I'm a collector.My favorite Benchmade H&K is the Bm14205Bt.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Benchmade is fine for the price, but I still prefer classic Emerson CQC-7. No HK logo on the blade, but I can live with that :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Axis vs Liner

Benchmade is fine for the price, but I still prefer classic Emerson CQC-7. No HK logo on the blade, but I can live with that :D
+1 emerson is a great knife but I'm a fan of the axis lock over the liner lock.Just my preference nothing against emerson.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have in my knife collection a Boker auto. I am very impressed with Boker quality and smooth operation. I carry a Kershaw daily and it has been a good knife as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts