HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you got excited when you read this title? Sadly, this isn't the Heads Up section.. I was wondering how come I can't find any HK license plates for sale. I've seen the frames.. I guess maybe because the US would be the only market for them and some states require actual license plates for the front and back of the vehicle? Anyways.. I really want one. Anyone ever seen any for sale? I guess it wouldn't exactly be legal to have one made..

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Don't quite understand your reasoning for wanting one. Last thing I would want to do is advertise to the general public that there might be a gun in my vehicle of any kind or that I even own guns. One never knows who might be lurking and maybe follow you home to maybe break in and rob you. Anyway just my take.

Reactions: Lamont

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't quite understand your reasoning for wanting one. Last thing I would want to do is advertise to the general public that there might be a gun in my vehicle of any kind or that I even own guns. One never knows who might be lurking and maybe follow you home to maybe break in and rob you. Anyway just my take.
Eh. That did cross my mind. But I rarely leave a gun in my truck, and if I have to I'm very cautious about it. Also, I don't live in town. I'd definitely know if someone followed me home. There is merit to your point. But heck someone could case Academy and follow people that buy guns or ammo. I just think a situation like that is very unlikely and wouldn't work out in their favor. Not that it couldn't happen. To me, the cool factor of an HK logo plate on the front of my truck outweighs the minimal chance of that happening.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! If I get a logo plate it will be going on the front of my '15 4x4 Tundra.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have my plates now for close to 20 years , never have I been followed home .

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to be clear, I just want a plate with the logo. Not an actual custom license plate.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How many of you got excited when you read this title? Sadly, this isn't the Heads Up section.. I was wondering how come I can't find any HK license plates for sale. I've seen the frames.. I guess maybe because the US would be the only market for them and some states require actual license plates for the front and back of the vehicle? Anyways.. I really want one. Anyone ever seen any for sale? I guess it wouldn't exactly be legal to have one made..

Title made my head snap back and get into the thread. I've never been one for boutique plates but that would be seriously cool and I would consider it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Jealous why the US always gets the cool Toyota trucks, while the rest of us (Europe eg.) have to settle for the diesel Hilux (which is not a bad truck, but still) only.

·
Priest of the P7
4,787 Posts
I dig your paranoia, but depending where you are in the country it can usually just be assumed that there's a gun in every pickup anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I have the hitch cover seen in the pics. In my opinion it says pick a different victim, not rob me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jealous why the US always gets the cool Toyota trucks, while the rest of us (Europe eg.) have to settle for the diesel Hilux (which is not a bad truck, but still) only.
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I would love a diesel Hilux.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've seen news reports where thieves target vehicles that have gun related decals on them. One report showed they target vehicles in parking lots outside of restaurants that have a no gun policy.

·
Priest of the P7
4,787 Posts
You shouldn't go to those places anyway -- no guns, no money.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts