HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have created a web link to an "easier" to read HK locking piece reference guide. vBulletin, the software that drives this forum, does not really play well with tables. Many thanks to Eric for providing the basis of this ongoing sticky.

If you have addition, deletions, corrections... post 'em here and I will try and get the table updated!

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nice, really nice to have that.
Need:
G3/HK91 - no marking
#26 locking piece should show 80 degrees
Might also add that #25 is for 10mm only, not 40 (at least according to the armorer's manual)

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Keep 'em coming. I'm going to try and update the table on a somewhat regular basis. I think it would be a good idea to have a "second" on each mod. Sound good?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Cool, Also I forgot to ad the
21 with no # should be 50' but you need to measure it as some are 54' .
BTW, I usually check all of them to be sure before installing them into a weapon.
And , yes , I install 5.56 into a 7.62 carrier and visaversa - with a little mods.
NoHair

·
Registered
160 Posts
Could you describe the mods and explain how you decide which LP you need for which load? Thats the true mystery to the LP question.. which one and WHY

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 28/80 LP is for PDWs (5" bbl according to the manual). The 16 is for standard K's (4" bbl according to the manual). The LP's (for these weapons) are dictated by the barrel lengths, but your chart indicates the same 5.5 length for both of these variants.

Also, a standard MP5A LP (8" bbl) may have no markings. 5 is the old SD marking, replaced by "SD only".

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey, very well done.

One thing, while I am pretty sure that the 23T and 30T locking peices are titanium and are for the MSG90, are you sure the degree is the same? I understand that the difference is that one is for use with a suppressor so convensional wisdom dictates that they would be different? Trouble is that I think someone told which was which but I do not remember the answer. I think I called HK about this years ago to get positive confirmation and I dont recall getting the courtesy of a return phone call from the tech guy there. I got busy with other things and forgot about it. I should probably take my build apart as I want to say that I used whatever Gordom Miller told me was the correct locking piece for a correct non-suppressed factory MSG90.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any information on the 770?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have created a web link to an "easier" to read HK locking piece reference guide. vBulletin, the software that drives this forum, does not really play well with tables. Many thanks to Eric for providing the basis of this ongoing sticky.

If you have addition, deletions, corrections... post 'em here and I will try and get the table updated!
I know that this is a 2 year old post. But, I have a locking piece that is not marked. It came with a fa mp5 carrier assembly. Might possibly I was sold a American made locking piece? The bolt, carrier are marked and appear to be correct. The return rod and spring looks like a german one from the construction, most clone ones use a allen screw at each ends.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
The new SD locking piece is 115 Deg, is it not?
It is. And the 100 degree LP is for the MP5. Those two should be added to the table. Not sure what, if anything, is stamped on either. I have the 100 in an HK BCG and it has nothing stamped on it.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
How do you know what locking piece you have if it isn't marked?
Is there a way to measure or tell?

I have a factory MP5K-PDW, and the locking piece is not marked, I don't think it has been switched, but I am the second owner.
It is a KI (1998) sample.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Would there be any way pictures of some of the different locking pieces could be added to the chart or how to measure the angle?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Two questions on the One on the Chart and the other about locking pieces.

1st. The chart shows the degrees on the LP #26 as 26, I'm guessing thats a typo since i doubt the angel is 26 degrees so what is the angle on #26

2nd. Is there a difference betwen Locking piece 26 and 24 other than marking? i.e. if I have a number 26 locking piece am I able to use it as the lo impulse locking Piece in a MP5 10mm firearm?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts