HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
There should always be *some* amount of lube on the contact surface of any moving part. Any elementary school science graduate can tell you that.

The only question comes down to how often, and how much.

Lube should always be adapted to your local environment.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
H&K pistols do not require any more lube than any other pistol of its type, in this case polymer. Read the owner manual cover to cover until its understood. Lube per the manual recommendation.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Can't go wrong following the the manual. Which explains everything very well tell what parts have light and medium lube and no lube

·
Registered
890 Posts
I understand what the manual says, I am just asking why they recommend many more places to lube than other comparable brands. I also realize they have more parts but they recommend lubing places that other handguns have as well that do not recommend it. Again I am not complaining, I LOVE my new HK much more than my Glock's, just a question from a new HK owner.
To indemnify...the manual will always error on the side of caution, as all manufacturers will point out the "out" in the owner's manual when it comes to warranty...I lube the contact surfaces (mainly where slide and frame contact one another) with Gun Butter, i.e. field strip, at least every other time I shoot..but I am pretty particular about a "clean", friction-free weapon. I love my P30 V3. Great gun!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Half of the things you listed about are lube points on a glock also. If it moves it needs to be lubed, not soaked mind you, but a thin layer of lube.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Lube never hurt anyone :wink:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
if you wanna get down to brass tacks, you could run the damn thing basically dry. but it WILL wear parts faster and your locking block will look like a$$. i run more lube than probably is advised but by no means is it seeping out. i like her silky smooth. slip ewl and dont look back

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I don't clean and lubricate my HK's any different then my Glocks.

One drop of lube per frame rail, one drop between the barrel locking lugs and one drop on top of the barrel spread around with a finger. For the Glock, I grease the connector when I detail strip the frame (once in a great while) so I don't even lubricate the connector. In my experience, none of the hammer/fire control components in an HK pistol require specific lubrication. The Dow-Corning anti-corrosion process that is applied to the internal components maintains a naturally high lubricity all on it's own.

I've always run both brands of magazines completely dry. Never a problem there either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Recommendations on lube to be used on HKs?

I wonder what is the best, high quality lube to be used on HKs. Gun oil, cream type lube? Any recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a new P30 and the directions are clear. I also own a Glock34 and it has similar lube locations. I have always lubed anywhere moving parts are on any weapon I have owned. If you clean the gun after every outing what does it matter how much lube you put on it ? It still only takes 10 minutes to clean and re-lube the P30 properly. Love the gun, Love the gun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lube locations are practically the same on Glocks, HKs. Striker pistols alittle different in the frame locations. But trick is not to over lube.
I actually use Mobil One as my preferred oil. Man, I know I will get some bashing for this admission. But for 20 years now, no problems, no issues.
Even had a gunsmith or 2 convert over to it. Plus, every 5-7 thousand miles I get enought left over to top off my oil bottles. Inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic is ALL I put in my car, my engine is worth 7 grand so its safe to say I trust that oil. Although not made for firearms I see no reason why it wouldnt protect everything. If it protects my piston rings @ 8,000rpm, and hell my camshafts @ even faster, id trust it on my hk.

Although I use slip ewl exclusively on all my firearms, and a lil gun grease here and there

·
Registered
88 Posts
I CLP the entire polymer frame and slide (not barrel) and use an air compressor to blow off all the excess. I also use Mobile 1 as oil for the locking block, rails, etc. Has worked great for a few years on my Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Recommendations on lube to be used on HKs?

I wonder what is the best, high quality lube to be used on HKs. Gun oil, cream type lube? Any recommendations? Thanks.
The short answer is it doesn't matter. Choose something, apply it accordingly and it will more then likely do the job. HK pistols do not require heavy lubrication to function properly. I do prefer oil type lubricants over grease for polymer pistols.

Lube locations are practically the same on Glocks, HKs. Striker pistols alittle different in the frame locations. But trick is not to over lube.
I actually use Mobil One as my preferred oil. Man, I know I will get some bashing for this admission. But for 20 years now, no problems, no issues.
Even had a gunsmith or 2 convert over to it. Plus, every 5-7 thousand miles I get enought left over to top off my oil bottles. Inexpensive.
No bashing here. Mobil one will work fine, I just find it to be a little messy.

I CLP the entire polymer frame and slide (not barrel) and use an air compressor to blow off all the excess. I also use Mobile 1 as oil for the locking block, rails, etc. Has worked great for a few years on my Glocks, Sigs, and HKs.
For SIG pistols, I really prefer to use grease on the frame rails. This is due to the fact that the SIG slide is made out of steel and the frame is aluminum alloy, I find the grease seems to aid in reducing wearing of the frame much better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
if you wanna get down to brass tacks, you could run the damn thing basically dry. but it WILL wear parts faster and your locking block will look like a$$. i run more lube than probably is advised but by no means is it seeping out. i like her silky smooth. slip ewl and dont look back
The gunsmiths at work always carry their pistols dry. Keeps down on the dirt of every day carry in the gun. BUT, when they go to the range, they really lube them up. Most don't use oil but grease where they can. Just telling all what professional gunsmiths do with their personal weapons. By the way, we also like the Slp, EWL the best.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic is ALL I put in my car, my engine is worth 7 grand so its safe to say I trust that oil. Although not made for firearms I see no reason why it wouldnt protect everything. If it protects my piston rings @ 8,000rpm, and hell my camshafts @ even faster, id trust it on my hk.

Although I use slip ewl exclusively on all my firearms, and a lil gun grease here and there
Same here but I use Royal Purple on all my AR's and pistols. I use Gun grease on the rails of my 1911's and sigs and just a drop on the rails of my polymer pistols.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
That pistol will run on spit, butter, snot, bacon grease, or even olive oil. . . it's not near as picky as most of it's owners are.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts