HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
R.L.T.W.
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know how it happened but this pistol followed me home today from my LGS. I am in need of a few nickel magazines. If anyone out there have any for sale, please let me know. It only came with 1. Also, what's a fair price for the nickel plate P7? I got it for just under $?k out the door.

62032997345__FC809EC1-DE40-45DD-BD52-AC58C8E94F29.jpeg

·
Premium Member
R.L.T.W.
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - im pretty happy about it. I went to the LGS to buy small pistol primers and walk out with it. Well, i don't have it in hand as of yet, it has to be ship to the store in my State, i live on a border State. Nonetheless, it's paid in full and small primers be damned; also, they did not have any small primers BTW.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I don't know how it happened but this pistol followed me home today from my LGS. I am in need of a few nickel magazines. If anyone out there have any for sale, please let me know. It only came with 1. Also, what's a fair price for the nickel plate P7? I got it for just under $2k out the door.

View attachment 271308
Congratulations, thats a score!!! Maybe @Brobus has mags.

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
A date code and partial serial number should confirm you've got yourself a real nickle M8.
The real nickel mags are hard to come by. Iirc they only made enough for the nickle pistols that run.

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
I don't know how it happened but this pistol followed me home today from my LGS. I am in need of a few nickel magazines. If anyone out there have any for sale, please let me know. It only came with 1. Also, what's a fair price for the nickel plate P7? I got it for just under $2k out the door.

View attachment 271308
Congratulations on the acquisition and price--- appears legitimate--- PM received--- PM to you!!! :biggrin:
Also, can you PM me the full SN (as usual, confidential)? :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
5,341 Posts

View attachment 271308
Gorgeous P7 darkness! Congrats on a great find!

·
Registered
71 Posts
PM received--- thanks--- legitimate nickel, per SN!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Is there a database we can look at how to find if a nickel P7 is factory finished? I also have a nickel P7, but I am almost certain it is not factory.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Is there a database we can look at how to find if a nickel P7 is factory finished? I also have a nickel P7, but I am almost certain it is not factory.

dohc, are you sure it's not hard chrome? Some shooters used hard chrome to refinish the P7

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
Yes--- me!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The main production numbers that I have seen are KC (92) 16-104908 (HK/Sterling) through KC (92) 16-105518 (HK/Sterling). :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
71 Posts

dohc, are you sure it's not hard chrome? Some shooters used hard chrome to refinish the P7
Maybe hard chromed, not sure. My SN is a 5 digit number. On the slide, it says 48xxx Nds 11/82 DE.On the other side, it says Heckler & Koch GMBH Oberndorf/N Made in Germany.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
It wasn’t represented as a factory nickel finish, so calling it a “fake” seems rather excessive.
Well, well, well, I never actually said that was a fake, did I? The very fact that the add made no mention with regard to the finish not being original, is another example of a dishonest seller playing “catch me if you can.”

·
Premium Member
R.L.T.W.
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once I get the pistol in my hands again, I will send additional pictures. It had to be sent to a gun store in my State. Sometime next week for sure. I cant wait.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts