HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me two MP5 30 rd magazines for my PTR 9ct MP5 clone. (German) One mag is very hard to remove from the magazine well. My paddle release lever is a little stiff too. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions, for a home made fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Squirt a ton of oil in the mag release mech and spend an evening in front of the tube, watching Band of Bros, just inserting and extracting the mags, over and over again. You possibly have some dirt or metal chips somewhere in there and you’re trying to flush /work them out. The lube will never hurt either, you won’t believe how dry theses guns get shipped.

Reactions: srgwml

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squirt a ton of oil in the mag release mech and spend an evening in front of the tube, watching Band of Bros, just inserting and extracting the mags, over and over again. You possibly have some dirt or metal chips somewhere in there and you’re trying to flush /work them out. The lube will never hurt either, you won’t believe how dry theses guns get shipped.
Thanks. I will do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will do that.
Tried your suggestions. Starting to loosen up very well. 2 ETS 30rd, 2 KCI gen 2 30rd, and 2 German 30rd. Five, of the six working well. That same German mag is very hard to extract. The other German mag is perfect. Inspected the German mags eyeballing them close and I don't know what is the problem. Hopefully with use, it will come around. When I take it to the range, hopefully all will go well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts