HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've got to say, the HK Mark 23 is an extremely accurate pistol being a 45 caliber. I am in love with this pistol, had the chance to take it to the range today along with my FN FNX 45 Tactical. Here's a snapshot of the results today. IMG_0077.jpg . The course of fire was 12 rounds @5 yds, 12 rounds @7 yds aiming center mass. And 12 rounds to the head @yds. I know it could be better, just never have the time to go shooting anymore, I usually go once in a blue moon. Any other Mark 23 owners out there that love theirs as well?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,259 Posts
An old post from Jim ( RIP )

OP this is what the gun is capable of:

Accuracy is dependent on many variables to include conditions, ammo (type, lot), the shooter, the rest (if applicable), weapon condition, test standards, etc.. The MK23 was designed to shoot 2" groups at 50 yards using M1911 Match ammo (230 gr Match ball) from a firing fixture (fixed rest). During SOCOM testing the MK23 exceeded that on average @ 1.5", many 5-shot groups under 1" and some just over .5". Unless there is something "wrong" with the ammo or weapon then the issue may be in the way you are holding/resting the pistol or manipilating the trigger or aligning the sights. From the hand in a standing off hand position I could easily hit an 8" head style steel target at 100 yards with Match-grade ammo. Bring that group back to 50 yards it would be 4" and 2" at 25 yards. Double all that for an "average" shooter and that could be "acceptable" hand fired from a rest/support accuracy of:
100 yards - 16"
50 yards - 8"
25 yards - 4"
Heck, a P2000 or USP40 Compact will average 2.36" for 5-shot groups at 25 yards with duty ammo hand fire from a rest.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I did a little accuracy testing of my own the second time I took mine out. Stepped back from 7, 10, 15, 20 yards, groups stayed the same size. Then at 25 it got all over the paper. Haven't really figured out why I suck so bad at that distance but at 10 they all go through the same hole. Maybe part of it was using cheap gun show reloads and they didn't have time to start flying off at the shorter ranges.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Thanks for the post and the photos of the targets. I love mine.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Great shooting. I love my Mark 23 and it is my nightstand "buddy". When I take it to the range, everyone always comments how large it is, then the fire it and want to buy it!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
HK Pistols are indeed very accurate (precise).
I shot my HK Mk 23 along side the USP Expert 45 and they pretty much group the same.

I was able to put on an RMR onto the USP Expert 45 and due to the optical precision - it really made my shot placement very consistent.

Both pistols from HK - the Expert and the Mk 23 are capable of match grade accuracy out of the box. I shoot ordinary reloads (same recipe from the 80's running my 1911's).

At our indoor range - all the way back ~ 25yards.

Detroit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts