HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , from time to time i read that some guys in this forum gets new mark 23 pistols ....... a thing i don`t understand is why if hk pistols keeps showing up , L3 , ITI , wilcox or whatever doesn`t make the Lams anymore ......and worst of all , there are no modern drop in units for the mk23 , only laser or flashlights that have to be used with an interface ........

since the need is there , why nobody makes a mk23 flashlight /laser unit for the new guns ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it is funny that nobody picked up the glove yet ..... i have a mk23 , i bought a lam from Ebay a couple months ago ,and a suppressor is easily available to have the complete setup , but the lack of lam manufacturers vanishes the magic around that gun ........i really don`t know who never thought about getting a mk23 and not getting a lam after that ....

·
Registered
374 Posts
How is it that Noone makes a light with a usp interface so you don't need the GGG adapter? That's worse imo. Or hk...give it a normal rail as a new gen.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Problem is (and I'm not tooting our own horn, mind you) is that Hk owners are a rare breed next to all the Colt, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, etc. gun owners who can easily walk into a local Academy or Bass Pro shop and purchase a handgun that usually costs almost half of what an Hk handgun costs.

That being the case, I doubt there's enough demand out there for Hk firearms enough to warrant the company looking into spending time or money on accessories for such items for the Mk23 or the USP Tactical which are considered too expensive by the majority of firearm owners in the first place, and are not even used anymore by most Law Enforcement or Military which nullifies the need for updated accessories.

Sad truth is, we Hk owners are a rare breed...and despite the fact that we're friggin' proud of it, our purchases aren't big enough I guess to warrant new stuff like LAMs and such which is sad, because I really hate the adapters out there for the USP Tactical and the Mk23.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iti/l3 has all the molds to continue making them , internals are the same as the anpeq14 , but they don`t make them for no aparent reason ......tooling costs are already paid for ......

btw: what rail is coming in the usp tactical ? same as mk23 ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been looking everywhere too. If I ever find a LAM, I'll buy that first and then get the Mark 23 lol.

I agree that you don't see a ton of HK owners and we're a rare breed. I know of a lot of people who claim HK's are overpriced for what you get, yet they've never shot one -- they just see a polymer gun for a grand and say "Well you could get a Glock, polymer Sig or M&P for half the price." So here you have a mfr that is less common than others AND is one of the only mfrs that has a proprietary rail on just SOME of their models...not likely to see many accessories.

On a side note, met a Glock fanboy at the range this weekend who brought his beloved G17 and said nothing else could compare, and then he shoots my VP9 and said "Oh wow...that is really just a beautiful firearm..." to which I replied, "That HK new was $588, how much was your Glock?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts