HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the size of the HK Match Weight allen screw? Are these available locally...interested in buying one but one of the screws is missing!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would ask the seller to locate one before going ahead with the transaction. If he's got a product to sell, he should be the one making it up to spec to sell. That's unless you are willing to take a chance. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
4mm dia.head X 10mm length, w/ 3mm hex. Not sure of threads, but I was able to find some that worked fine. ;)
_______
mugdava

·
Registered
295 Posts
Take an example to ACE Hardware. They have the exact same screws in different lengths. Cheap.

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
4mm dia.head X 10mm length, w/ 3mm hex. Not sure of threads, but I was able to find some that worked fine. ;)
_______
mugdava
You must have mistyped (or mismeasured) something - a metric socket head cap screw with a 3mm hex should be an M4x0.7, but that has a 7mm diameter head. It does, however, have a 4mm tall head.

But that would be an impossible screw because a 3mm hex is 4.6mm across the points, so if the head was only 4mm in dia, the corners of the hex socked would break through the sides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You must have mistyped (or mismeasured) something - a metric socket head cap screw with a 3mm hex should be an M4x0.7, but that has a 7mm diameter head. It does, however, have a 4mm tall head.

But that would be an impossible screw because a 3mm hex is 4.6mm across the points, so if the head was only 4mm in dia, the corners of the hex socked would break through the sides.
Sorry! :D Should read:
7mm head dia. X 4mm head height X 10mm thread length w/ a 3mm hex.
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Relevant contribution to this thread; I had a very unfortunate mishap w/my SS Match. After a trip to the range I began to take down the Match, and then was faced with a stuck screw on the barrel weight! :mad: After some sad attempts to remove the screw with my allen wrench (of the correct size), I finally had to resort to a screw extractor. I found that the combo that worked well for me was a 5/64 pilot hole and then a #1 screw extractor. Tap the back of driver to get a bite into the screw, and then remove. Here are the results:

IMG_20130607_245940_771.jpg

It worked, but now I have a trashed screw. Anyone know where one might find a replacement of this size in black? Also the thread pattern just in case I find some online? Tried Adam with no luck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
To those who are interested, here are the specs on the required screw size for the USP Match factory barrel weight: Socket cap screw M4-.7x10mm. Maybe this will help someone out in the future.

IMG_20130609_221203_385.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts