HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of Rust/corrosion resistance application does HK use? I read the owners manual and the only thing it stated was not 2 use oil that brags on it availibilty to penetrate metal. (I usually use tetra metal conditioner. This is exellent product. It makes cleaning bores smooth/easy) Since of the warning that it could interfer with their protection I did not use tetra. Does HKs fit tight where a thin lube is required like break free clp? I use break free greased lighting. The greased lighting is used for rapid semi auto and prevents S.S from gauling. I want 2 make sure my HK is not starved for lube. Lucas oil now makes a oil for guns( I am also a car guy, Lucas makes one of the best oil stabilizers, fuel cleaners, differential fluids) Has anyone used it or know of it performance in guns??

·
Registered
260 Posts
What they're talking about are products like WD40 that have penetrating qualities. If used in a gun meant for defensive purposes and therefore kept loaded, there is a possibility the oil will penetrate the primer and prevent the gun from firing.

Then again, if all you shoot at is paper, it won't matter a whit.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression they were referring to the electo-plate type corrossion resistance process.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
they use a couple different processes.

For the slide and barrel, they use a Nitro-Carburized finish, that "soaks" into the metal and changes the molecular structure deep into the metal, to protect from rusting.

The parts like the sear/disconnector and other little parts have a Dow Corning anti-rust treatment done to them, to inhibet rust.

The Mark23 has a protection level one step further, with an even more protective under-coating to meet the tough military specifications.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Raptor

·
Registered
58 Posts
lucas makes a gun oil now??? wow I would like to try some of that out.. where can I get some?I too have been a big fan of the lucas line of products...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine from Fisher Auto. Its red n color and slick n tacky. The Manager said he uses it with exellent results that u xpect from Lucas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts