HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading about the ProMag 20 round magazines for the MK23 and simply wanted to check: are these still as "no bueno" as the conversation from years ago would seem to indicate? Wave off? Or, fun for the range, but nothing else?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I think Pro Mag is considered low quality and prone to feeding issues on various handguns. personally I would not bother, but it's entirely up to you.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I've seen promag products have reliability problems. Seems any gain you'd have would be mitigated by unreliability. Hey, they are cheap though. You could try it and see if it works. A friend of mine had some promags for his AR that were cheap during the ban threat. He had problems with one of them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
while i haven't used any promags in HK weapons i can honestly tell you that of the few various models i have tried for other weapons, they are currently running a failing 100% for feeding issues on everything i tried them in. after 3 times i have sworn them off no matter how much they say quality has improved.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had some Pro mags for my USC and they were no good. I sold them on Gunbroker for about $1 a piece. I would never use Pro mags again.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I got one to try with my Mark 23. It's not very good. Won't insert on a closed chamber fully loaded. Not easy to insert on closed chamber period. It's a real pain in the ass to load the last few rounds without a speed loader. Mine got a nick in the metal at the top that bound up the follower on it's first trip out to the range. Slide locked back with a single round in the mag, it won't close by racking the slide. Noticed this since the last time I shot with it, I suspect this means it might lock back on the 2nd to last round instead of empty. That sleeve that comes with it is for the USP 45 and doesn't fit (I knew that beforehand though).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts