HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, went to one of my favorite collectors and he has (and showed me) what he clamis to be a full seal issue MK23 set.

it included the following

MK23 Pistol - new unfired
Knights armor suppressor with mathing serial number to the gun
extra magazines
LAM with light
the coil style lanyard
and a black case

says he wants a minimum of 10k for it?

looks really cool and im really interested in buying but 2 questions

1. How rare is a set like this as I will pay the money but want to make sure its worth it and rare!

2. are these really rare? and is there a name for the kit itself?

3. Anything else i should keep an eye out for

thanks guys!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I never owned a MK23 but, I think the real military unit was marked different then th civilian one. I think it had "Mk23" stamped on it? Anyone can acquire a "set". Sounds really cool though. Obtain the ser# and inquire about it to Hk themselves.

If you decide to get, please post some pics!!!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Unless it says MK23 USSOCOM on the slide, has a LAM with infrared capability and the CAMO case, it is not anything special. The KAC suppressor could be ordered by any old joe with matching serial # for an extra couple hundred dollars. If it says Mark 23 on the slide, it is NOT rare. Even if it were a real MK23 USSOCOM pistola, I would not pay 10,000.00 for that kit....maybe if it came with the latest gen NVGs. Even then it would not be a deal. I think your collector would need to produce some documentation from HK and or the Feral Govt. verifying his claims. Be cautious. The same kit with camo case would cost about 6300.00 tops if you were to assemble it yourself.

ETA: also, I've read that the US govt considers all USSOCOM marked MK23s to be govt property and deos not sell them to anyone. They destroy them. I've read that the govt would consider it's property in civilians hands to be stolen and moves to prosecute accordingly. This is not the govt we had in the 40's.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I came across one with HK MK23 USSOCOM Cal. .45 on the slide for sale on the web site of a German gun shop (I live in Europe). It had been on the site for more than a year. When I contacted them, I was told that they had sold it the week before. I felt sick for quite some time.

Their asking price? 1550 euros ($2000). Of course there was no suppressor, LAM, or soft camo case. There are a few MK23 USSOCOM pistols in civilian hands. I continue to look for one, but would never pay $10,000 for it. If you just really want it and have the money, it's your call. But if you are thinking of it as an investment, you would probably have to wait a long time to find someone else who would buy it from you at that price (IMHO).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think AZ sums it up. I am certainly not an expert but I too under impression that civilians could not own true MK23 due to excise tax/ gov property situation. I am sure others with more knowledge will chime in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great help guys! i just called the owner and it in fact does have the USSOCCOM engraved one the slide. Not sure he has docs for it, but he has such a large collection i can only assume its legit, BUT i will use caution. Im heading up there this weekend. Here are the questions ill ask.

-check for USSOCCOM designation - is it supposed to be laser etched or engraved?
-it says MK23 as opposed to MARK23
-I currently have an MK23 with the camo bag but this one is a black original soft HK case (same layout as the camo), is there a big difference?
-It does have the LAM with infrared capability, anything else?
-this is NIB and never fired
-also the line about civilians not beign able to own this, what do i do now: :)
- is 6k a fair offer?

Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Yes Bo did have one and I do believe there are a few more out there. I remember seeing a number somewhere at one time and it was in the low single digits.

I think there are a few USSOCCOM marked 23's out there in private hands, didnt Bo have one?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Here are photos of the one that was for sale in Germany.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes Bo did have one and I do believe there are a few more out there. I remember seeing a number somewhere at one time and it was in the low single digits.
Bo's was a very nice remark/refinish that Urbach did. Not an original USSOCOM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just spoke with my guy, and asked all the questions posed on this thread. He has got SEVERAL of those packages and they are REAL as the one above in the picture... pretty cool. He knows im a new collector and we have a good relationship and he said he would consider selling me one but its not going to be cheap. think 8k is fair for both of us? this will be a safe queen and my other (civilian) MARK23 will become my shooter. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
8K is not that bad for the lot. I would not pay any more then that though. If you do pass it up I am interested if he would consider selling to a "outsider".

1 - 20 of 69 Posts