HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vintage: October 1996
Excellent specs and test data from the MK23 MOD 0 testing!

Do the members here have interest in seeing more HK promotional flyers/brochures? Let me know by commenting.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm going to go out there on a limb and say yes!

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan!

Yes, I do know that James.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Thanks to Marine0303 aka James for this. Thanks to Oicani for posting it.
I have been searching for this one for some time.
The specs and data in it are directly from the USSOCOM OHWS project testing and great info for MK23 owners and those curious about what that handgun has been through on its journey to series production and what it can do in the right hands.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
376 Posts
Perfect timing. Just picked up my first MK23 after wanting one ...... forever. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Cool and good info. Every time I take mine to the range, I always wish I had to fight my way through Zombies to get there. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes... do you guys know if they did anything like this for the HK45 or HK45c with these two buying for the update to the MK23. Also what about the 416s

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
oicani, thanks for posting this. i have seen this before but if you have one that's in excellent condition and you want to sell it i'll take it off your hands:). i would also be interested in a framed specimen if anyone has that as well.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Any possibility of providing a .pdf of the flyer? It would be nice to have a copy to go with my MK23:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Any possibility of providing a .pdf of the flyer? It would be nice to have a copy to go with my MK23:

What am I missing here? How is the photo a MK23 SOCOM stamped copy, with a 23-00xx but a KH date code? Not being sarcastic, but someone please explain.....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What am I missing here? How is the photo a MK23 SOCOM stamped copy, with a 23-00xx but a KH date code? Not being sarcastic, but someone please explain.....
This pistol is one of about 5 that HK made for use in gun shows. It never was part of the government contract, which is why it is legal to own (HK never sold USSOCOM marked guns new to civilians, but some of these were eventually sold as used demonstration models). It was assembled in 1997 (thus the KH date code), but they used a serial number left over from the prototype series (serial numbers 001 to 0100 were reserved for the prototypes with the production models delivered to the military beginning with 0101). It's possible that the serial number was already on the slide and the KH was added when the gun was assembled. G3Kurz may have additional information to add or to correct.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I also would love a copy of the PDF - if possible.

·
Registered
596 Posts
This pistol is one of about 5 that HK made for use in gun shows. It never was part of the government contract, which is why it is legal to own (HK never sold USSOCOM marked guns new to civilians, but some of these were eventually sold as used demonstration models). It was assembled in 1997 (thus the KH date code), but they used a serial number left over from the prototype series (serial numbers 001 to 0100 were reserved for the prototypes with the production models delivered to the military beginning with 0101). It's possible that the serial number was already on the slide and the KH was added when the gun was assembled. G3Kurz may have additional information to add or to correct.
I am GREEN with Envy! THAT is like a Holy Grail gun..... Callahan, please forgive my doubting nature.:600:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I am GREEN with Envy! THAT is like a Holy Grail gun..... Callahan, please forgive my doubting nature.:600:
No problem. A few years ago someone bought up all the left over MK23 parts kits and was selling USSOCOM marked slides with barrels on GB. The only difference between those and mine is that mine was put together by HK and has matching serial numbers on the slide, barrel, and frame, whereas the parts kit slide/barrel combos have no serial number on them. But they would still dress up a civilian MARK 23.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts