HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just inherited an HK Mod 4 from my grandfather. He told me that is has some issues that needed to be resolved before I used the firearm. He said that it seems that the shell is ejected from the receiver before the powder is finished burning, which has caused the grip on the left side of the gun the fracture, and apparently peppers the shooter's face with burning powder. Any ideas as to what I can do to repair this?

I appreciate whatever advice you can all share.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It is a straight blowback pistol. Recoil and hammer springs are the only resistance the slide faces when fired. If it seems to start cycling before chamber pressure have reduced to safe levels that is what I'd look at first.

Make sure you are using the correct ammunition for it. What caliber is it BTW? Does it have mulitiple calibers? If so the recoil springs may have been swapped from a weaker caliber and are causing the issue.

Good luck, be safe.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That sounds like the wrong recoil spring. Once you are sure that you have the correct-for-caliber recoil spring, take a look at the buffer. It may have been pounded to pieces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts