HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, sry if this topic has been brought up before but I cant seem to find anything on google or searching threads to help me fix this problem. This is my first time posting on a forum so forgive me if im not posting in the right category...anyway, I picked up an H&R HK mod 4 because the price was too good to pass up. The finish could be redone, but other than that everything seemed great on the pistol when i bought it, almost too great. After putting about 80 rounds through it without any issues, out of nowhere the slide locked to the rear, & it is now STUCK there. I mean as though it was welded open. After a day of trying to figure out the problem & reading what little I could find on the issue, I found that the buffers have been known to disintegrate & the pieces can become wedged between the slide & frame causing it to lock open. Sure enough, I used a flashlight to look between the small gap in the rails & saw yellowish pieces of buffer wedged everywhere (taking the grips off did not help BTW). So basically, being that I like to always do my own gunsmithing if possible, id figure id reach out & see if, A: anyone else has encountered this problem or, B: Anyonr has any ideas on how I can free up the slide on this thing or ways to get the pieces of buffer out of there so I can properly replace the worn buffer. Sry for the long post & thanks u guys for the help if possible. Semper Fidelis.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts