HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I'm new here but was hoping someone on here might be experiencing the same issue or able to offer some insight. Last month I purchased am HK MP5 .22 A5 (made by Walther Arms), the first time I disassembled the firearm I noticed that the holes didn't align correctly for the rear takedown pin. To make up for the misalignment issue it looks as if they milled then reamed out the holes on the buttstock and lower receiver. My friends MP5 .22 has the same issue, I've went to two other outdoor retailers in my area and the same gun on their self had the same exact alignment issue. Walther is telling me that mine firearm is an "isolated" incident that happen after it led the factory and is refusing to do anything to help, has anyone else noticed this issue? Thank you for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there! I love these Walther Arms MP5 22 rifles. I own 4 myself- 2 are SD the other 2 are MP5 traditional style. I have had them all completely apart and just double checked and none have the misaligned take down pin holes like those in your pics. That is clearly a defect and I would keep contacting Wather USA until they repair/replace your rifle. My rifles are all in the serial# 007000s range. If you can give your serial# range to the forum there might be some others who can isolate the issue to a production period and possibly relay this to Walther. That is terrible your rifle has such a defect and I wish you best luck in getting this resolved ASAP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for checking... That is a a great idea posting my serial# mine is in the low 010300s. I really hope Walther comes around, it is very frustrating... They are not returning my phone calls now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After not hearing from Walther for over a week, their gunsmith insisting this was filed out, I recieved an email this morning informing me they are replacing my gun with a brand new gun and this was a factory defect and it was drilled out at the factory. Took a while but the out come was the right one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is great to hear! Walther Arms is a good company and they need to stand behind their products especially when they are manufacturing under HK license agreements and thus representing HK. I highly recommend these MP5 rimfire rifles as an avid HK fanatic and proud owner/collector of genuine HK MP5s which are outstanding weapons but extremely costly to aquire and feed with the insane 9mm ammo prices today. The .22 platform is fun and relatively cheap and I am thrilled HK and Walther decided to produce these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts