HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun store today and saw a HK MP5 .22LR

It had stamped HK on one side and on the other side it said something along the lines "made in Germany."

I didn't know HK made a .22lr???! it was $530... why would anyone buy a GSG if they can have an HK?

how much do they usually go for? can it be converted to a sp89 (9mm)?

·
Banned
125 Posts
like this one?:wink:

its made by umarex (got the licence from HK to do so and use some of their parts) and shoots like a dream. its the first and only one i own and i modded with a real a3 lower. The 22lr uses alot of the same furniture as the normal mp5 use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like this one?:wink:

its made by umarex (got the licence from HK to do so and use some of their parts) and shoots like a dream. its the first and only one i own and i modded with a real a3 lower. The 22lr uses alot of the same furniture as the normal mp5 use.
Exactly like that one... but the embossed letters were not in red.

As nobody mentioned any way to convert them to 9mm... I'll guess it's not possible :62:

thanks guys!

·
Banned
125 Posts
dang, i didn't know that. its reliable. i posted earlier about them but it got deleted by a mod for some reason

They really accurate and fun to start. it was a god starter mp5 and got me addicted to hk now. I had a gsg5, its another hk mp5 22lr clone but i had a few ftf and fte. after 300 i have yet to have one and i tried all ranges of ammo brands.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
As nobody mentioned any way to convert them to 9mm...
No. There is no way. It is essentially an airsoft gun made to shoot .22. If there was a way, it'd blow apart on the first shot. It's got an aluminum shell. The internals in no way resemble a real 9mm MP5. Not even close.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Get one. No other cool gun only costs 4 cents to shoot

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
It's a great gun to shoot. Much better than the GSG. I wish it came with the A2 stock because the factory one sucks.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Get one. No other cool gun only costs 4 cents to shoot
Heh... bull-pucky.

A Ruger 10-22 costs exactly the same to shoot and is cheaper to buy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Heh... bull-pucky.

A Ruger 10-22 costs exactly the same to shoot and is cheaper to buy.
It may be the same price to shoot and cheaper (I've thought about a 10-22 myself), but isn't as cool looking. You'll have to give it that.

Inless you got that unber prototype G11 .22.... :)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It really looks cool, but nah. I will stay with my 10-22 for the .22s. You can't beat it. Why would you put an Eotech on a .22? It's as expensive as the firearm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am slowly collecting military look a like rifles and I now have 4 including the HK MP 5 SD...................I added a Red/Green Dot scope and a single point quick release sling to the HK MP 5........................The scope is zeroed to 25 yards and will produce a 1 inch hole in the center of a 6 inch bulls eye target with 25 rounds.....I have learned the necessary hold over for 50, 75, and 100 yards.......................This rifle in very accurate........

Too bad I can't post pictures.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd like to hear from someone who has tried factory GSG-522 magazines in the HK MP5

I'd like to hear from someone who has tried factory GSG-522 magazines in the HK MP5 .22LR. Do they work?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was told the magazine are different and not interchangeable.

Now.... let's talk about putting a real lower on the 22. Skittles you have my undivided attention.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a GSG-522 that I converted back to the GSG5 look and it's a blast to shoot. Dime size groups out to 50yds. It definitely won't be as accurate as a 10-22 at 100yds, but much nicer to look at and a whole lot more fun to shoot. At the range, no one gives a 10-22 a second look, but everyone stares at my mp-5 clone. I guess it just comes down to preference and pride. Obviously, the Umarex will get the favorable nod on an HK forum, but outside of hear, everyone raves about the GSG version. I'm 100% happy with mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts